JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fold 5 charger recomendations

(Topic created: 10-26-2023 07:22 AM)
AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have just received my Fold 5 and have looked for some information about how powerful a charger I should use. I can not find an online manual with that information and of course most of the adverts I see for chargers on Amazon are misleading. What is the max charge rate on the Fold 5? 25 watts? 45 watts?

I have a ton of chargers at home that will work but would like a wired fast charger so I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the max charge rate for wired charging.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
0 Likes
6 Replies
Nochlab1
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
25 watt
0 Likes
Nochlab1
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
But the charger needs to support pps not just power delivery
0 Likes
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Here is Samsung 25 watt so you don't have to worry about misleading. https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/25w-pd-power-adapter-with-usb-c-cable-bl...
0 Likes
AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

The forum, which allows me to post, will not allow me to reply to responses to my previous post so I have to post a new question rather than add this question to my previous thread. I am not sure why, but will chase that down after this post.

I just finished setting up my new Fold 5 (which is very nice) and was going to order a new power supply. @JBTechfanatic was kind enough to post a link to the official wired Samsung power supply for the Fold 5 but when I looked at the Samsung webpage I found that there was no real information about what the voltage and current were, so it makes it a bit iffy to buy a 3rd party (like Anker) power supply from someplace like Amazon. The specs for the power supply on the Samsung web page only gives the phones that it is designed to charge and says nothing about the voltage and/or current.

While an Amazon search turns up several 25 and 45 watt PPS power supplies I would like to know what the actual voltage for charging the phone is, if only for my peace of mind. Can anyone tell me the proper charging voltage/voltages for the Samsung Fold 5? I have several old and low power wired Samsung chargers at home from previous Samsung phones, and they work, but they are not fast chargers so I am ready to buy a newer charger, but would like some lower cost option than what Samsung offers on their web page.

Thank you for any help.

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Your prior thread has an accepted solution; therefore it was closed.

I recommend you purchase only official Samsung chargers, like the one JBTechfanatic suggested.
0 Likes
AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Ah. I did not know that accepting a solution would close the thread, so I guess I learned something today.