JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Official Galaxy Z Fold6/ Z Flip6: Orders, Shipping, and Feedback Thread

(Topic created: 07-10-2024 01:24 PM)
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello. Everyone that has Pre Ordered a Galaxy Z Fold6, Flip6, Watch 7/Ultra, Buds3/Bud3 Pro or Galaxy Ring you can post any order or tracking updates here.

This thread is for Galaxy Z Fold6, Flip6, Watch7/Ultra, Buds3, Buds3 Pro & Ring pre-orders!

Usually, we try to include the following information:

- Date ordered:

- Where did you order from (samsung.com, carrier, retailer, etc.):

- Unlocked or Carrier variant:

- Model, storage capacity, Color:

- Did you trade-In:

- Estimated delivery date:

Then, once it ships, please come back and post an update with the same information above, but the actual stated shipping and delivery dates, and maybe even let us know once it's received. 

tec-975.jpg

Here is my stuff:

- Date ordered: July 10

- Where did you order from (samsung.com, carrier, retailer, etc.): Samsung.com

- Unlocked or Carrier variant: Didn't order a phone, but I pre-ordered the Watch Ultra and Buds 3 Pro

- Model, storage capacity: N/A

- You can share your trade-in info, if you want: Trading Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and Buds Pro

- Estimated delivery date: July 25th

207 Replies
rpletcher
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I ordered fold 6
Ring
Pro buds 3
Ultra watch
But of course for some reason they can't tell me, I looked today supposed to get them tomorrow and I noticed they are being delayed .ore than a week.
0 Likes
STRANGLEFIZZ
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The buds 3 pro have a production problem we're you put in the silicone tip that half could come off the adhesive is defective so they held production till the end of August I think
0 Likes
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have a s24 ultra (Wifi 7)and Fold 5 (6e). I love wifi 7 with MLO. I have an Asus Wifi 7 BE98 Pro router. 

So Samsung are you telling me your top-of-the-line $1900 phone does not have wifi 7? The Snapdragon 8 gen 3 supports wifi 7 internally. The hardware is there, you already support it with the S24 Ultra. 

I already put my order in for a Fold 6 because I assumed Samsung would not pull this feature. Yes, I have Wifi 7 at home and work, it is not about speed as much range and MLO.

Hey Samsung, I ordered everything. The watch ultra, fold 6, and earbuds pro. I am most likely going to be canceling my whole order now.
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Before anyone says Wifi 7 is new and not everywhere. I have 300 wifi 7 access point I am installing at work and I need it for testing the network. I have already done my building and working on more later. Wifi 7 is certified and final, there is no excuse.
MoCash
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Completely agree. Very disappointed with no WiFi 7.

0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I saw that too. It make no sense since the hardware is there. My guess is Samsung didn't want to pay for the license and hope you don't notice. Like Dolby vision on there TVs.

I guess Iam going to be ordering OnePlus Open 2 or Pixel Fold.
Vy yf fycy
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Wifi 7 must be too cutting edge for Samsung to handle. Would have been such a easy enhancement so for them not to enable this means either:

incompetence in the team responsible for designing the phone 

something is actually wrong the the chip 

Samsung does not want to be leading innovation anymore / potential hassle and expense for supporting a new standard

I just watched the unfolded event. Wooden presentation from mostly people that don't actually feel the excitement and passion for technology. 

Lack of WiFi 7 support feels minor but actually I think it goes to the heart of what is starting to go wrong at Samsung. I would be surprised if many people on this forum with an interest in tech would have made the same decision to DISABLE this feature..

MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Samsung S24 Ultra has had it for 6 months. I am using it right now. It worked from day one.
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I get you, but installing it at your work tells me it's even new there. 99.99% of people do NOT have wifi7 in home. That's why it's not there, plain and simple.

When I picked up a phone from Best Buy last week, one of the guys there said theyve only sold one wifi7 router that he knows of [as far as what he sees on the shelves included] and that person was paying with their business card.

They don't do things they don't have to. Doesn't matter that other phones did it. Samsung's device is still better and more people will buy it without that being a deal breaker. That's how their marketing and design departments corroborate. When more like 50% of people have wifi7 in home, they will consider it. Or when other foldables compare in market share, and they are forced to. Unless they become complacent, that won't happen. They are always one step ahead.

The reason other devices add those types of things so early on is to help them sell. Samsung doesn't need help, yet.