JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Forgot pin code to unlock. Phone was updated and ask for pin code instead of finger prints

(Topic created: 03-11-2024 11:11 AM)
quinnt90
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi There,

I rarely used my pin code and just use finger prints. Yesterday, overnight the phone was updated automatically by Samsung and now it is asking for pin code. I can't remember the pin. Any help to unlock my phone WITHOUT losing all data? I had my precious pictures and vides that I cannot lose. 

PLEASE HELP,

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how upsetting it is to be locked out of your device.

If you are unable to unlock the phone, you can try a factory reset from the recovery menu. 

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears

- Use volume buttons to navigate to FACTORY RESET

- Use power button to select

If you're not able to reset there, you will need a copy of the original bill of sale, and you can reach out to a Samsung (1-800-726-7864) with the information to have service set up for the service center to unlock it. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
SergioRC20
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hello,

Have you tried Unlocking it using your Samsung account on a computer/tablet?
0 Likes
quinnt90
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I did, I used SmartThings Find but It does not have option to UNLOCK. Screenshot 2024-03-11 112343.png

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how upsetting it is to be locked out of your device.

If you are unable to unlock the phone, you can try a factory reset from the recovery menu. 

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears

- Use volume buttons to navigate to FACTORY RESET

- Use power button to select

If you're not able to reset there, you will need a copy of the original bill of sale, and you can reach out to a Samsung (1-800-726-7864) with the information to have service set up for the service center to unlock it. 

0 Likes