Original topic:

Internet Home Page and search engine defaults

(Topic created: yesterday)
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello all.  So I am trying to set Duckduckgo as my search engine and Brave as my homepage when I open a new tab in Samsung internet but I don't seem to be having any luck.

I go to the settings and select it...Screenshot_20240724_085315_Samsung  Internet.jpg

...but every time I back out and hit new tab it takes me to the Google homepage.

Screenshot_20240724_085606_Samsung  Internet.jpg

Does anyone have an idea why?  It worked on my z flip 5, new tab equaled Brave homepage with Duckduckgo as the search.

This is on a z flip 6 running the 6.1.1

Glitch in the Matrix or in 6.1.1?

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
8 Replies
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hi! Once you click on the address bar on the top, it will be using the DuckDuckGo engine.1721827680010_1721827679998_0.jpg
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi!  You are correct but I am still unable to change the homepage which is frustrating.

It almost has to be a bug in the 6.1.1.  

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Did you create a new tab? It won't change it for old tabs.

0 Likes
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'm not quite sure what you mean new tab but I've closed the app completely, I've cleared the cache and re-booted the phone, opened Samsung internet app hit new tab and it goes straight to the Google homepage even though I have it set to the Brave homepage.

0 Likes
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

This seems like an update issue. I would contact Samsung. You can get Text support from the Samsung Members app.

Also, I'm not sure if this might help, but the actual web address is https://brave.com/

Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks for the reply. I did just send an error report.

I also went to the Brave page and then went into settings and selected current page and that didn't help either

Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You have to close the Google tab. Then open a new tab and that should being up your new home page
Barnsworth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hi. No, that doesn't work. Closed all the tabs and hit "new tab" and it just opens up the Google page. šŸ«„

Thanks for the suggestion, though!
0 Likes