Original topic:

Issues with My Samsung Flip 6 – Frustrating Experience

(Topic created: yesterday)
cfr805
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a frustrating experience with my Samsung Flip 6 in case anyone else is facing similar issues, and maybe get some advice.

I’ve only had my Flip 6 for about a month, but after a recent update last week, the phone completely stopped charging via the port, whether it’s open or closed. I contacted Samsung, and they wanted me to drive 40 miles to get it looked at, but that wasn't practical for me, especially since I can’t be without my phone for an extended period of time. Luckily, it still charges wirelessly, and I was able to resolve this issue by filing a warranty claim with AT&T. They’re sending me a new phone, which gave me some hope that maybe I just had a bad unit.

However, today at the gym, I opened my phone only to find that the main screen is completely unresponsive—frozen solid. No matter what I do, it won't respond to touch. I’ve tried restarting it several times, turning it off and on, different charging cables, different plugs, everything... and nothing works. Now, I can only use the front screen for basic tasks since it’s the only thing that still works.

At this point, my confidence in the Flip 6 is pretty much gone. I’m still waiting for the warranty replacement, but now I’m seriously wondering if the new phone will have the same issues or if I just got a lemon. Has anyone else had similar problems? Is there something I’m missing? I’ve exhausted all my options, and I really don’t want to lose faith in this phone, but it’s been a rough experience so far.

Samsung, if you're listening, please help. This has been incredibly frustrating!

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

8 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@cfr805 Sorry that you are having this issue. I am not seeing this with my Flip 6. 

0 Likes
cfr805
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Update:  After doing the 7 second reset by holding the power button and volume down keys, the screen itself regained touch sensitivity and I am able to use the main screen again HOWEVER, the charging slot still does not work.  

0 Likes
Klarp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Did you ever drop it and it fell on its hinge? I heard a case w.o a hinge proctor would make the screen unresponsive. After the update i don't have any issues with my z flip 6
0 Likes
cfr805
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

No, the phone hasn't been dropped.  I credit this to the little ring on the Samsung case that I bought when I made the initial purchase.  The screen is now working again after the 7 second reset.  The charging port is still out.  I think I got  lemon.  

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Try this, go to settings, apps, next to where it says your apps there is 4 lines and an arrow pointing down, tap on that and toggle on show system apps, press OK, type in the search box usb settings, tap on that, go to storage and clear cache.
I hope this helps
0 Likes
cfr805
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Did the above, still no charge.  

0 Likes
cfr805
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

And now again!!!! The screen froze again.  The 7 second reset no longer fixing the issue.  I give up....

0 Likes
cfr805
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

So back to square 1:  Main screen frozen - Will not respond (small screen still works...thank god.

2.  Charging port does not work - Wireless still works however.  

New phone on the way from ATT but confidence is down.  

If you have any ideas they have to be done through the front screen...

0 Likes