Original topic:

New Flip 6 not eligible for Samsung Care Plus

(Topic created: a week ago)
theDVNVS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I bought my current phone the Galaxy Z Flip 6 from Spectrum, and I even pre-ordered it but I wanted to opt for Samsung Care+ since it would guarantee OEM servicing should anything happen since I'm taking a chance on my first flip.

I checked the Care+ site where you input IMEI and serial # and it says not eligible to add the service. I had already registered this on my Samsung account and it is well within 60 days after purchase. I called support and they also verified that it is ineligible but could not specify why. 

Does anyone have any idea or a similar experience to this and what would you recommend I can do? 
21 Replies
FRAG
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I had the same exact issue on my Spectrum Flip 6, both I & the phone Rep thought it was because I'd signed up for the $5 "insurance" that ONLY covers broken screens.
I had to make multiple phone calls, text screenshots of my invoice & delivery date. They had to escalate it and after a week I was finally able to sign up & just got my Care+ confirmation email today.
They told me they'd extend the 60 days given it's an issue on their end if they weren't able to whitelist the device, after which I was able to sign up with the same website that said my device was not eligible.
Probably need to call them back one more time, I'm pretty sure there's some sort of remote video confirmation to prove that your phone is in good working order, and I did not receive any information about that part.
theDVNVS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I called in again and they said they were going to get back to me on the issue, it's been a couple days so far and I'm bordering on that 60 day mark. The way yours was handled sounds like the logical path to resolve this but somehow i haven't gotten the same treatment. šŸ˜•
0 Likes