JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving message: isn't optimized for the latest version of Android. Screen touches may be delayed or not recognized

(Topic created: 01-10-2024 07:46 AM)
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Good day My wife's z flip 4 is experiencing issues after the Android 14 update yesterday. "isn't optimized for the latest version of Android. Screen touches may be delayed or not recognized" That message pops up from time to time on her phone and then the phone freezes perhaps an update will fix it?

138 Replies
Raccoondeb
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Same for me, but I found a fix. Settings>Apps>One UI Home>Force stop. Works fine after that.
usersn1wKQeMKF
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Happening still with Z Flip 5. @Samsung_Moderator, any updates from the dev team?
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I tried doing the four stop on the one UI still receiving the same error message and the phone freezes we did a clear cache partition I'm not going to do a factory reset That's just too much trouble it should be Samsung's responsibility to release a fix?
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

We are sorry to see that you are still receiving the pop-up notification. Does the message occur while in Safe Mode? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ If not, this indicates there is a third party app causing the notification.

Additionally, try force stopping the Google Play Services app. 

Sometimes clearing the data on Google Play Store through forcing stop the app is helpful to fix many compatibility issues.

Here is how to do this:

1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Go to Apps > Google Play Store.
3. Choose Force Stop and then Clear Data.
After restarting your device, check if your issue is solved.

Also, according to users, removing and re-adding Google Account is a very useful solution to fix the error ā€œthis app may not be optimized for your deviceā€. You can also have a try by following these steps:

To remove Google Account, click Settings and choose Accounts. Choose the account you want to remove, click Remove Account. Then, restart your device. To re-add it, navigate to Settings > Add Account.

We also recommend downloading Good Lock and using the Nice Catch module. You can turn on Toast Message tracking to see where the notification is coming from.

Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm sorry I meant the force stop on one UI home
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I thank you for the info, community manager,
The error occurred just after the phone was updated to Android 14. So why would an app that was working before the update suddenly stop working after the update I guess some developer didn't keep up with the Android 14 software? But I will try some of those fixes and post them updates if any work
0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Not a manager, but most of the time, it's due to the app developers don't update their applications and then the apps interact incorrectly with the android 14 update. Same thing happens in apple devices as well. If the app developers don't optimize their applications to work with the new OS put out by Android or Apple, it can glitch and cause additional issues to appear on your device that are out of the norm.

It's almost like you're talking to someone in English providing directions to get somewhere or do something,  and then suddenly they shift to a foreign language and you're still trying to follow their directions still, you can see where that could lead you off a cliff if not careful lol 

Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Nice catch part of the good lock module, show the source of that pop-up is Android system so how does one correct that? IMG-20240110-WA0003_1000013681_1704926157.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Now that we know the source of the pop-up how do we fix it?
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for providing that information. Try these steps:

• Go To Settings
  • Tap "Apps"
  • look for "Android System Web View" 
  • Select "Uninstall Updates"

If you do not see an uninstall option please try uninstalling the app from the Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview

You can also Uninstall Chrome Updates, if needed, this seems to be a resolution as well if you do not see an option on WebView.