JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung needs to fix their UK emoji prompt.

(Topic created: 10-26-2023 08:55 AM)
QuantamNick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
When I type the word UK or United Kingdom, an emoji of the UK's flag promptly appears. Which is normal. However, when I type the word England, it also appears. Samsung seems to have a very big misunderstanding of how the UK functions as a country. For those outside the UK who don't know, the UK is made up of four countries. England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. Each of these countries inside the UK has their own flag. For example, England has a white banner with a red cross. You can actually even notice this in the British flag itself, being a combination of 3 of the 4 countries that make up the UK. By this logic, when I type Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales, it should also prompt the British flag. Samsung, please fix this because what you're doing is factually incorrect and just appeases to people who don't know any better. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

2 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Which flag is being prompted? Have you tried Gboard?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.