Original topic:

Trying to complete purchase/trade in Fold 6/Watch Ultra

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
Kiingg
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
So I've used Samsung Financing for my last 4 tade-in purchases (once a year). Upon hitting the last confirm after selecting "Samsung Financing" I get an Affirm popup to enter my phone number (closing pop-up directs me to "confirm" page and creates a loop). I do not wish to use affirm as I have an open and paid off SF account with sufficient available credit for said purchase. Tried on Samsung Shop on my Fold 5 and Chrome on PC browser to no avail. Samsung support says "Samsung Financing" is not available at this time on any of their products and I should use affirm while they're working to fix the issue. This answer didn't feel right and I think maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or have others experienced this and if so what was the resolution?
0 Likes
6 Replies
JamesThor
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's correct what you're seeing. Use Affirm.
0 Likes
Kiingg
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Can't use affirm. They've never been able to complete the identity verification using the take a pic of ID method. I should probably go and get a new Pic taken (Affirm said that may be the issue). But that's aside the point, I have excellent credit and would like to use the Samsung Financing account that I opened specifically for this purpose.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If Samsung is telling you there's a problem and to use affirm, why are you skeptical?
0 Likes
Kiingg
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Just seems strange that it's not more of a widely reported issue with all of the pre-orders.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Do they have to issue a press release?. Buyers find out when they make a purchase. If you are ordering through official Samsung channels, there should not be an issue. Perhaps Samsung is negotiating wurh Affirm to take over their finance operation.
0 Likes
Kiingg
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That's the feeling I get from this whole process, a transition to affirm which is fine. My issue is Samsung says it's an issue due to traffic (I'm skeptical) and that the Samsung Financing is still an available option (if they were doing a switch to affirm why leave the other option) They did say to wait a couple of days and re-try. Maybe I'm just reading too far into it and it is a technical issue on their end.

Has anyone used SF to purchase a Tab S9, Watch 7/Ultra, Fold/Flip 6?
0 Likes