Original topic:

Z Fold 6 black, not backing up.

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
TheLegend147
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I cannot back up my Samsung Galaxy Z fold 6. I get the below error upon trying.

0 Likes
9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@TheLegend147 Could you point out the error? I can't see it in the screenshot that you provided. The colors make your screenshot extremely hard for me to read. 

0 Likes
TheLegend147
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Once I toggle the back ups i want, i hit the back up button, it just says "back up not finished" that's it
0 Likes
Nncools2008
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This error is typical. Go in safe mode restart in bios do a system restore. Make sure to not lose any data you want to keep.
0 Likes
TheLegend147
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Well, I haven't been able to back up my data, so this will mean I'll lose everything.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@TheLegend147 As a fallback, you can use Smart Switch to backup everything to an external drive. 

0 Likes
TheLegend147
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yeah, I'm doing so now. It would be nice to have my data in the cloud so I could access it anywhere when needed.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@TheLegend147 IME, this is only needed when getting a new phone or replacing a damaged one. This is not a good place to rely on backups for files that you are working on or photos. For those, you should use some other cloud backup or external drive. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello TheLegend147, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with the phone not completing the backup.

We do have an article with some troubleshooting steps you can try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01213631/ The article names Samsung Cloud, but you can apply the steps to any cloud service you may be using. 

You can also try clearing the cache partition of the phone using the following steps. This will not delete your data.

- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.

Let us know if this helps.

0 Likes
TheLegend147
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Okay, I'll try this. Thank you
0 Likes