Original topic:

Buds 2 getting recognized as Buds 1 in Weareable app

(Topic created: 04-14-2022 04:34 PM)
userM7TjwwglMD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi

My Galaxy buds 2 are recognized as Galaxy buds 1 in Wearable app on my phone. All functions are working normally, i can toggle ANC directly in bluetooth settings of the device, but when it comes to updating software, buds settings i am getting forwarded into Weareable app which downloads Galaxy buds manager instead of Galaxy Buds 2 manager, i can see the UI designed for the earlier product and ia cannot connect in the app. I am guessing that it has to do something with the recent 306 audio update. I tried clearing app cache and installing Buds 2 manager on my own, but i does not do anyting.

9 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have the buds 2 and just did a software update weeks ago and no problem here
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the buds not showing up properly in the app. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your full model number and the serial on the bottom of your Galaxy buds 2 charging case in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

0 Likes
TheHeroJoey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I'm also having this problem! I thought it was just a unique issue, and it's really annoying considering I just replaced my Galaxy buds plus with the buds 2

Is there any word on a fix for this?
0 Likes
userM7TjwwglMD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

The response I got from moderator was, that that can't help me, because my buds are not on USA serial numbers.... 

0 Likes
TheHeroJoey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Mine are and I'm also having this issue so I went ahead and talked to the technical team.
userM7TjwwglMD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I would be grateful if you could pass me a possible solution

0 Likes
TheHeroJoey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I already have a repair process set up for them because the ones I have are still under warranty, but I'm hoping the issue is software side and not with the buds themselves. If that is the case, then at least they'll look the app and probably push out an update that fixes this.

But if it is the buds, then they just need to be replaced
userM7TjwwglMD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

It really looks like a software problem, I also have a warranty so replacing won't be a problem. Thanks for a response. 

Solution
userM7TjwwglMD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Latest update and cache wipe before launch fixed this issue

0 Likes