JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buds 3 pro: high pitched noise when removing the buds

(Topic created: 07-21-2024 01:37 AM)
Anik-R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Forwarded here via Samsung Chat Support.

I am someone upgrading from the buds 2 pro.

There seems to be a possible design flaw with the placement of the microphone or sensors which affects ANC and may cause hearing damage.

I have long hair that goes over my ears, so when removing one earbud and the removed earbud doesn't disconnect, it can cause a high pitched whine or a firecracker sound. The whine sounds like microphone feedback, and it does hurt.

At the same time, with the way the microphones are positioned, you have to remove them by pinching the stem and then plucking it out of your ear. If you remove them the same way you remove the previous generation bean-style earbuds (ex my buds 2 pro), it causes an issue of making it sound like someone is crinkling paper or aluminum foil right next to your ear. When looking at where my fingers are positoned when taking it out of my ears, my fingers cover 2 black meshes of the buds 3, which I assume are microphones.

In order to avoid this from happening, I have to part my hair away from my ear and then remove it, or remove my earphones fast, like ripping off a bandaid.

Other than this, sound quality is good and diagnosing them doesn't seem to show any issues, a fit test also shows that the earphones are "sealed" properly, and I am on the latest firmware.

The earbuds are being used with a Z fold 4 on One UI 6.1

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userLPpcic1agE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Agreed...I'm experiencing same issues, not to mention if these are the fixed ear pieces, Id hate to have seen the other ones. Can't get these off without ripping the ear piece. Sure like to try that large tip but don't think I'd be able to go back to medium (as they'd be destroyed in the removal).bMight be going back
0 Likes
SCRAMJONES
Halo
Options
Galaxy Buds
The new batch gets released on August 28th, I should be receiving a new pair. I'll report back and see if the issue was fixed.
0 Likes
MrVercetti
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I just got mine from the new batch. Can confirm nothing is fixed lol
SCRAMJONES
Halo
Options
Galaxy Buds
Same here still having all the same issues smh, this is horrible.
0 Likes
usermESRrcooYx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Having the same issue with my regular buds3. I have to disable the media controls for volume in order to stop this. Incredibly disappointed that this wasn't caught by Samsung prior to release.
userNq0je40RYs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue

0 Likes
naj42181
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I am also experiencing this issue. Should I begin an exchange for a new pair?
0 Likes
Oliv3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I'm also experiencing this issue. If you lay on your pillow and turn your head and the pillow covers or rubs the earbud, a loud piercing feedback noise can be heard. This can definitely cause hearing damage if you're not careful. Serious issue that needs to be addressed asap, otherwise samsung can enjoy a class action...
Saksham Saha
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am having the same issue. I am seriously considering returning these

0 Likes
dceen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I am experiencing issue with my Galaxy Buds 3 Pro. Whenever I bring my hand close to either earbud while wearing them, I hear a loud whistling noise. Is there any fix for this?