JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buds 3 pro: high pitched noise when removing the buds

(Topic created: 07-21-2024 01:37 AM)
Anik-R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Forwarded here via Samsung Chat Support.

I am someone upgrading from the buds 2 pro.

There seems to be a possible design flaw with the placement of the microphone or sensors which affects ANC and may cause hearing damage.

I have long hair that goes over my ears, so when removing one earbud and the removed earbud doesn't disconnect, it can cause a high pitched whine or a firecracker sound. The whine sounds like microphone feedback, and it does hurt.

At the same time, with the way the microphones are positioned, you have to remove them by pinching the stem and then plucking it out of your ear. If you remove them the same way you remove the previous generation bean-style earbuds (ex my buds 2 pro), it causes an issue of making it sound like someone is crinkling paper or aluminum foil right next to your ear. When looking at where my fingers are positoned when taking it out of my ears, my fingers cover 2 black meshes of the buds 3, which I assume are microphones.

In order to avoid this from happening, I have to part my hair away from my ear and then remove it, or remove my earphones fast, like ripping off a bandaid.

Other than this, sound quality is good and diagnosing them doesn't seem to show any issues, a fit test also shows that the earphones are "sealed" properly, and I am on the latest firmware.

The earbuds are being used with a Z fold 4 on One UI 6.1

JUMP TO SOLUTION
bronco72904
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
It's most likely feedback. Hearing aids do that a lot
NYTeeSI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
@dceen I have the same issue. A lot of people do. Hopefully Samsung will put out a fix.
0 Likes
dceen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
that's good to know. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.
0 Likes
STRANGLEFIZZ
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
Idk what to say have not got mines after the push back for production issues
MR973
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
When did u get ur bud 3 pro?
0 Likes
STRANGLEFIZZ
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
I know they got pushed down until August. The 28th and that has to do with production issues. Where in the front were you pop In a silicone tip the seam were both pieces. Connect with adhesive tends to break, so they push back on production
0 Likes
dceen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I received my buds on the 7th of August.
0 Likes
NorseNitemare
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I'm experiencing the same issue. I've found it's reduced, or not present at all, if you hold the bud with your index and thumb at the 12 and 6 position, respectively... But a patch is definitely needed!
0 Likes
DustyButters
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Sames - high pitched noise inserting first time, and removing. Brand new obviously. Would like software or physical work around
0 Likes
usereD02FyogjM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Same here
0 Likes