JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buds 3 pro: sound hurts my ear in ambient mode

(Topic created: 09-04-2024 01:43 PM)
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

When I light my lighter when in ambient mode and hurts my ear. (Left side) is it only me? 

23 Replies
cpassley
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have several pairs of earphones that I generally cycle through for everyday audio. I got these new buds and while the ANC and Ambient modes are better than the previous samsung models, I have discovered that these buds are amplifying specifically high pitched sounds. A good examples is metal on metal; when a nail-clipper snaps, or a side-cutter snaps after cutting a coaxial cable or any two pieces of metal that collide anywhere remotely close to these earbuds, it significantly magnifies this sounds and hurts my ears. Yes, I understand how noice cancellation works and I am also aware that there are levels, particularly in the wearable app, but this occurs at every level. You would have to turn ANC or Ambient mode to their lowest level to not feel the effects of this. At which point, these mode are essentially useless. Samsung needs a software update to correct this, because I can see this causing further harm than the current irritation I am facing.

PS: I got my buds on pre-order, then there was the whole deal about the tips ripping off and there was a long wait once folks returned theirs. I didn't return mine, not attempted to take off the tips. I waited until my wife got hers, which was this week. I then tested them to see if I had a faulty pair and it is the same thing. 

TLDR: Galaxy Buds 3 Pro amplifies high pitched sounds, especially metal on metal and causes my ears to hurt. None of the other earphones I have used, has this issue. software update maybe required to fox this before it causes actual hearing damage. 
sane_
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I should also add that I get a crazy high pitched noise, it kills my super sensitive ears.

cpassley
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
i haven't done anything about them. so far, mine have been fine. i haven't tried removing them as i have seen some do online. so mine have been fine okay so far. regardless of when you report the issue, you are still well within the one year warranty on the buds, so you should be able to get a replacement. make sure you are not charged for getting the replacement. this is an obvious manufacturing defect.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello All, Welcome to the Community, and thank you for reaching out. We understand the concern with the high-pitched sounds amplified using ANC and Ambient modes.

Please submit an error report through the Wearables app while connected to the earbuds. Open the Wearables app>select the three horizontal lines>tap the Settings icon>Tap on Contact Us. This will provide information directly to Samsung developers.

If you are experiencing pain from the earbuds, we have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. We encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. Additionally, you can reach out to a moderator directly, and we can set up a call back ticket to have the specialized team reach out to you directly.

0 Likes