JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buds 3 pro: sound hurts my ear in ambient mode

(Topic created: 08-21-2024 05:32 PM)
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

When I light my lighter when in ambient mode and hurts my ear. (Left side) is it only me? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello All, Welcome to the Community, and thank you for reaching out. We understand the concern with the high-pitched sounds amplified using ANC and Ambient modes.

Please submit an error report through the Wearables app while connected to the earbuds. Open the Wearables app>select the three horizontal lines>tap the Settings icon>Tap on Contact Us. This will provide information directly to Samsung developers.

If you are experiencing pain from the earbuds, we have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. We encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. Additionally, you can reach out to a moderator directly, and we can set up a call back ticket to have the specialized team reach out to you directly.

View solution in context

0 Likes
23 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds
What do you mean by "Lighter"?
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds
I am guessing a cig lighter
0 Likes
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yea, one of those cheap lighters
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

The sound of your lighter is so loud that ambient mode picks it up?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

@02XII  Do you have you accessibility settings on your phone set to amplify ambient sounds?  That's the only thing I can think of that will amplify the sound of a cigarette lighter.  Amplify ambient sound only works with BT headphones/earphones connected and you are not listening to anything else through them.  You can turn it on or off by putting the "amplify ambient sound" shortcut on.  It will put the accessibility shortcut on your nav bar and tapping that will turn the ambient sound on or off. You can also turn it on or off by going to accessibility/hearing enhancements and tapping on "amplify ambient sound and then tapping the text (not the shortcut slider) and then you can switch it on or off. You can also go into the hearing enhancements in accessibility settings and change the sound balance of your buds. 

0 Likes
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I'll check it out now
0 Likes
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Everything is off. And I keep it balanced at all times. But that's my only issue when I smoke and flick the lighter
0 Likes
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yea, surprisingly
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

Do the buds have their own app for adjustments like my headphones do?

0 Likes