Original topic:

Buds3pro app update won't update from Google Playstore on Pixel !

(Topic created: Monday)
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Screenshot_20241014-201110.pngScreenshot_20241014-201224.png

On my Pixel 9 Pro Xl when I try to connect to my Buds3 Pro, it tells me to update the app, it then sends me to the Playstore and there is no update to be had.

Uninstall, reinstall, rinse and repeat. The only way to access the Buds in the Wear app is to have the noise control widget on my screen. I don't want to uninstall the Wear app because I have my Watch 6 Classic also in the Wear App.

Any ideas?

9 Replies
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
Have you tried unpairing and repairing the buds ?
0 Likes
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I reset buds, uninstalled the Buds 3pro Manager, cleared cache, in Wear and Manager app. Wiped cache partition on phone.

All the usual fixes. There is a Reddit thread with this problem. You should see the reviews in the Play store. 

0 Likes
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
Try using the galaxy store app
0 Likes
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

@SenseiKayJayy  um, It's a Pixel, no Galaxy, only Play store. 

Lol

0 Likes
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
Certain apps i have on my phone will only update correctly if it orginally came from play store of galaxy apps. Those are buds pro. Try to download the galaxy app. If you can then it will fix the problem.
0 Likes
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have a Google Pixel 9 ProXl, I have the Wear app downloaded from the Google Playstore. When you initially go to set up a new pair of Buds, it will pull from the Google Playstore whatever plug-in  Buds Mangager you need for your Buds, example, I have the Buds 3pro, it downloaded the Plug-in for those buds automatically. I didn't have to search for it.

All other corresponding updates the Wear app will tell you that the Plug-in

needs to be updated.

I did that, it kept sending me in circles.

There is no Galaxy Store for any Google Phones, just the Playstore.

I keep on top of all apps on my devices, S24U and Pixel 9 ProXL. I check every evening for updates for both devices. 

0 Likes
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
Ahh you have the S24U as well. Ok now that makes much sense.
0 Likes
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
Only thing i can think of is google playstore may need an update šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€:male_sign:. Best advice i can give
0 Likes
Sbusch99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have a pixel 9 fold with exactly the same problem!

0 Likes