Original topic:

Disable absolute volume not working on Buds Pro 2

(Topic created: 11-26-2023 12:24 AM)
DynamicHaze
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

My galaxy buds 2 pro have an issue with their volume, got the s23 ultra today they were working fine disable absolute volume allowed me to independently increase the volume of the buds 2 pro before updating to Android 14 UI 6.0 once I updated the absolute volume function just sorted working my music and sounds through the buds aren't as loud and I'm disappointed I was so excited to get this phone but my buds aren't working. Switched from the s21 ultra and they still work as intended with disable absolute volume. Please fix this bug

0 Likes
11 Replies
DynamicHaze
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
What do I do, this is honestly a big issue for me. I'm so disappointed. It takes awayassiglet from my listening experience music, film, everything.
0 Likes
BipolarPanda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Get your phone into the developer settings, from there make sure the codec is correct.... If they doesn't work, settings, hearing enhancement, adapt sound.... Maybe one of those options will at least help a little
0 Likes
DynamicHaze
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
What's the right code to select to get the disable absolute volume feature to work I need my galaxy buds pro to be independent of the system volume.
0 Likes
Rahul R
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same problem. I use the power amp music player. We need to disable the absolute volume for an option on poweramp called DVC to work. I tried to turn on and off thr BT while toggling the absolute volume in developer options, restarted the phone. Randomly only once this worked and never worked after that.

This happened after update to One UI 6 

0 Likes
kmb1
Star
Options
Galaxy Buds
I haven't, but as I just bought my Buds2 pro, I was wondering what the procedure was that you used to go into developer options to disable USB direct volume control? I'd like to try it if it increases the volume limit of the buds. Thanks.
0 Likes
userCI1nYdfC5X
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Bassicly the title my eq app poweramp reconizes that its not disabled even though it's turned off. It seperates the volume control.between devices for a more dynamic range of sound.
0 Likes
userCI1nYdfC5X
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Power amp claims it to be a firmware error
0 Likes
userb9Mlgadu8x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
To change the volume of your Galaxy Buds, this setting is really helpful. When I wanted to turn down the volume of my Galaxy Buds Plus without changing the sound on my phone, I could do it easily by turning off the absolute volume. Sadly, the Buds 2 Pro are not currently compatible with this feature. I am aware that you can adjust the level of each individual app using the Sound Assistant app, but it would be easier if the Buds 2 Pro could utilize the disable absolute volume setting.
Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
If it is not working for you, there's two ways around this. The first will actually expand all the audio capabilities of your device for you giving you a lot more customization options. The second is more straight forward utilizing the device's developer options. Personally I'd suggest Method 2 to start with.

Method 1:
you can use the Sound Assistant App by Good Lock Labs (Good Lock is actually owned by Samsung, it's just a division within Samsung responsible for developing extended functionality apps). The sound assistant app will allow you to do alot more sound wise and may solve the issue for you. Last I checked though I didn't see the disable Absolute Volume settings in Sound Assistant anymore. So the second method may be best.

Method 2:
If this does not work, you can enable Developer settings for your device by going to the phone's settings, about phone, software, and then tap the build number multiple times until a notification appears to inform you you are about to enable Developer settings. Keep going until you do. Once you do, go back to the main settings page and at the very bottom you'll find developer settings. BE CAREFUL in this menu. You can totally screw stuff up for your phone using the wrong dev settings. However this one should be harmless. Look for Disabled Absolute Volume for Bluetooth under the networking section of developer options and that should solve the problem. You can toggle that on or off as you see fit. Screenshot_20240208_210820_Settings_1000004001_1707444500.pngScreenshot_20240208_210748_Settings_1000003999_1707444468.png
- Ibuddy66
0 Likes