JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds3 Pro 'Listening Mode' Issues

(Topic created: 08-29-2024 11:11 PM)
useriJq95W8dtt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Galaxy Buds3 Pro 'Listening Mode' not an option in the Interpreter app. Yes the conversation mode works just fine when tapping the speaker, but Samsung advertised these buds as being able to actively translate in real-time, which was the main reason I purchased them. All of the Samsung support pages say to just pinch and hold the buds to activate  listening mode but this simply does not work. I don't seem to be the only one experiencing this issue in other online forums as well. I am using a Galaxy Fold 5 with UI version 6.1. Any ideas, tips, or info would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello useriJq95W8dtt, Welcome to the Community. We understand the disappointment in the 'Listening Mode" not working with the Fold 5. 

@ patriciostarr is correct. The new features are only compatible with the Fold/Flip 6 at this time. They will be rolled out to older devices in future updates.

The earbuds use the interpreter features from the phone to translate the conversation. You can find additional information on the feature here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-ai-on-the-galaxy-buds3-pro-and-buds3/

View solution in context

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy Buds
I believe that feature is for one ui 6.1.1 zfold 6 and flip 6
useriJq95W8dtt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

You know what, that sounds exactly like a move Samsung would pull out of their playbook. They'll probably purposefully delay the 6.1.1 update out as long as they can too in an attempt to draw in as many sales for the feature as possible. Might be going back to my Galaxy Buds 2 in the mean time....thank you for the response! 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello useriJq95W8dtt, Welcome to the Community. We understand the disappointment in the 'Listening Mode" not working with the Fold 5. 

@ patriciostarr is correct. The new features are only compatible with the Fold/Flip 6 at this time. They will be rolled out to older devices in future updates.

The earbuds use the interpreter features from the phone to translate the conversation. You can find additional information on the feature here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-ai-on-the-galaxy-buds3-pro-and-buds3/