JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pro 2 widget is too big, no option for smaller widget

(Topic created: 03-08-2023 12:51 PM)
Tiaza
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I use my earbuds mostly for audiobooks. I want them for walking and while doing my house chores at night (I'm a night owl.), So I'm generally busy with something when I'm using my earbuds. 

The previous model (Galaxy Buds Pro) gave the user a choice between 2 widgets for the home screen, a smaller one with just battery info and a larger one with more options. I opted for the smaller one as it took up less real estate on my home screen, and battery info was about all I needed on the go. As I'm sure most of us do, when one bud had little battery left, I'd put it in the case to charge while still using the other. After a few minutes, I'd switch and charge the other. They charged so fast that this wasn't terribly inconvenient.

The newer model, Buds Pro 2, no longer has a smaller widget option. The larger widget offers options I don't need on the home screen, like active noise cancelling and 360 audio, because I can change these options by tapping the earbuds themselves. You can't even select which options to have available on the widget in case you'd rather have voice detect than 360 audio as choices. But the biggest problem is that the widget's just too big. And since it's got so many options on it, the info is very small. If I'm walking along and hear the low battery tone, it can be hard to see how much battery I have left. 

It's also just unaesthetic. I have the smaller size Audible widget stacked above the Earbud widget, but instead of them being comparably sized, the new widget has almost 3 times the footprint since it also has a title line.

I know Samsung wants to show off many great options these earbuds have, but personally I'd love a simpler version. I do, however, like the touch controls button on the widget. So I'm hoping the developers will whip up a streamlined widget with just battery info and a touch control toggle. 
6 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have Buds Pro and I don't understand what you mean by smaller one and larger one. I only see 4x1 widget for both; however, they both can be resized to the smallest size of 2x1 and the largestsize of 5x1.

I guess you could do the same for Buds 2 pro widget. Though I don't have Buds 2 pro.Screenshot_20230308_060822_One UI Home_1000004410_1678273702.jpgScreenshot_20230308_061548_One UI Home_1000004413_1678274148.jpg
0 Likes
Tiaza
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
This is what I get now. I used to use the widget that matches the Audible widget on top. But the widget I'm currently using is the only size widget they offer now. It can't be resized. The second screenshot is the only settings available. Screenshot_20230308_081831_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20230308_082247_Galaxy Buds2 Pro Manager.jpg
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
You cannot even resize by tapping and holding the widget on the homescreen?
0 Likes
Tiaza
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
No, that's what I'm saying. When you hold it, only a settings menu comes up, which is the second screenshot.
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
That's too bad. Hope Samsung read this and improve the widget for Buds2 pro (which I'll likely buy and use it soon)

Also, if your phone has OneUI 5.1, battery widget could be an alternative to see the battery for your buds.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.