Original topic:

Samsung Buds 3 Pro Case Issue?! HELP!?

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Fifth313ment
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Everyone,

My wife and I are die hard Samaung fans. We've had every iteration of Buds so when the 3's were announced we were hooked. Unlike most we love the new design. We got a pair of the new 3 pros to go with our pair of S23 Ultras.

Screenshot_20240925_012804_Nearby device scanning.png

My issue is that my new Buds 3 Pro case never shows the battery level of the case. Even when charging it will show the lightning bolt next to a reddish orange "0%". It shows my Buds proper battery percentage. I tried only checking with one Buds in the case and then switched Buds but it's always 0%?! So I tried to do a reset via the app and that didn't work. I tried to do a real hard reset by holding down the paring button. But odd enough it won't reset and as my wifes set turns blue and of I keep holding it will reset and flash red, mine simply starts flashing red, green, blue over and over again forever until I close the case.

Edit: Just so everyone is clear, the case is charging and working as normal but it's just not reporting the battery level to the system. So they work fine but I just never know what battery I have left via the app. The battery level still shows via the colors on the LED for the Buds themselves (red, yellow, green, etc). But they are showing those weird colors when I hold the pairing buttong also. 

Screenshot_20240925_012821_Galaxy Buds3 Pro Manager.png

Now I can still get them to pair when it's doing this flashing but it will never truly reset. I know because when I reset my wifes the name she had set will be set back to the factory blank name with the 4 digit number at the end. So what is going on here? I can't find anyone else that is experiencing the red, green, blue flashing?! They work great otherwise but it's annoying to now be able to see my case battery life.

When I go to update the software it shows up to date and current version R630XXU0AXF3. Just to be sure I paired them to my old Samsung Note 10+ and it does the same thing, 0% case battery in red (maybe orange, lol). Please help me out here.

Sincerely,

Brandon

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Buds
So tu summerise your case never charges and stays at 0%?
0 Likes
Fifth313ment
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Patrick,

The case charges fine. It charges via USB c or wireless and charges the headphones for it's normal amount of times. It simply doesn't report its charge to the system so it always thinks it's empty at 0%. So the case is working fine other than not reporting the battery amount. I also remember it showing the case battery when I got them. I've only had these things less than a month now. 

Brandon

Options
Galaxy Buds
In this case you might need to get a replacement cause it seems samsung will not push an update soon
0 Likes
Fifth313ment
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I think that's what I'm going to have to do but this is crazy. Do Samsung employees ever answer issues? But thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Brandon

Fifth313ment
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Samsung? A little help here?!
0 Likes