JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fold5 left speaker not working

(Topic created: 09-17-2023 01:43 PM)
Oriontek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Need help on brand new Samsung Galaxy Fold 5 left speaker not working , what should I do please help, does anyone know how to fix this or having the same issue? I would appreciate your help thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

You are outside of your 14 day return period so all you can do is have it fixed under warranty. 

Perform a Factory Reset, do not install any backups and test it out to see if the speaker is working.  If it is then restore the backup and hopefully it still works.  If it doesn't then an app that you've installed is causing thiss and needs to be found and removed. 

If it doesn't work after the factory Reset then it's got to go in for service. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

13 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
If it is brand new, contact the vendor for repair or replacement.
Oriontek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes its brand new It's 20 days old , I called Samsung but they want me to take it to ifix center for them to diagnose it first then fix it not replace it, I don't think this is fear.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
But it is in line with their public return policy.

Honestly, I would never purchase an item over $300 without first reading the purchasing terms and conditions and I'd would buy locally (from my carrier) before purchasing abroad. At least I can walk into the store and get face to face customer service should something go wrong. If they don't do right by me, I'll take my business to another carrier that will.

Nor do I purchase a $500+ phone without phone insurance from my carrier. It's a one year warranty on Samsung phones. What happens after that first year?
Oriontek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I always purchase my phones from Samsung, and they always had my back. I also have insurance with Tmobile, but this time, I don't know why they are dropping the ball, what should I do? I appreciate you're taking the time to respond to me.🫡🙏
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Back up your phone. Factory reset the device. Remove the SIM. Take it to the repair center and get it looked at. In the meantime, see about getting a cheap burner phone from Tmobile that has just calling and texting.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hopefully, Samsung will cover the repair under the one-year warranty.
Oriontek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks They said they will.
0 Likes
Oriontek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I still have my fold 4 I will use that in the mean time thanks for your advice.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

You are outside of your 14 day return period so all you can do is have it fixed under warranty. 

Perform a Factory Reset, do not install any backups and test it out to see if the speaker is working.  If it is then restore the backup and hopefully it still works.  If it doesn't then an app that you've installed is causing thiss and needs to be found and removed. 

If it doesn't work after the factory Reset then it's got to go in for service. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor