JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GALAXY S FOLD 5 SPEN

(Topic created: 09-24-2023 04:33 PM)
KINGJOKES
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I recently just picked up the fold 5. I didn't get the case with the pen I already have two different spen from a note 4 and s8+ tab. None of the pen work on the fold 5. The device does detect the pen but wouldn't write on the screens because prompting that other pens can affect the device. Is there a difference between all the other spens?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@KINGJOKES The only S Pens compatible with the Fold 5 are the S Pen Fold edition and S Pen Pro. These are only usable on the inner screen of the Fold 5.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@KINGJOKES The only S Pens compatible with the Fold 5 are the S Pen Fold edition and S Pen Pro. These are only usable on the inner screen of the Fold 5.

0 Likes
KINGJOKES
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Ok thanks
0 Likes
Droneaddictionmike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Also the pen doesn't work on the front screen. Only work on legs screen. I'm not sure why they can't make it work on both. It would come in handy sometimes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

Right now it's because adding the the digitizer hardware stuff would adversely affect the thickness of the Fold.  Maybe at some future design it will be added. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor