JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Issue activating unlocked Z fold 3 for Sprint customers

(Topic created: 08-26-2021 12:39 PM)
Options
Galaxy Fold
I tried on the 25th when I received my z fold 3 for 3 hours at home and almost four hours at T-Mobile. Without any success the T-Mobile employee told me hopefully they'll have it fixed on launch day. So today I wake up and I find out that it is a known issue with no ETA on a solution.

I took this screenshot have an image the T-Mobile employee sent me today. Apparently it's with Sprint customers on the T-Mobile network. And the phone won't work at all with a Sprint SIM in it
JUMP TO SOLUTION
Karenwhitecaper
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I was on the phone with them for 2 hours today still an issue for me
0 Likes
Solution
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hello,

This isn't Samsung's issue. You'll have to talk to your carrier.

Cheers,
Shayshon

View solution in context

Options
Galaxy Fold
Not true
0 Likes
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hello again,

How so?

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes
Karenwhitecaper
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
It's samsungs configuration of the phone for sprint/ Tmobile according to their rep
0 Likes
sxray17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have a TNX card and billed through Sprint. Tried swapping a SIM from an unlocked Note 20 Ultra to the Fold and did not work. Was on a call with Sprint for 1.5 hours...in the same boat as everyone else. I'm supposed to get callback but I'm just hoping I can drop the SIM in tomorrow and it works.
sxray17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just to follow up. I was able to activate my phone through the Sprint website this morning and I'm typing this response on my Fold. No call back needed. Woot!
Samsung_3M5SXJx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

How were you able to activate your phone?

0 Likes
M2elissa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Sxray17, do you have a new t-mobile sim or old sprint?
0 Likes
sxray17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the new T-Mobile SIM in my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. I was able to go onto www.sprint.com/activate, enter my IMEI and SIM ICCID number and it worked. Was able to just swap the SIM into the Fold3.