JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Voice-mail App Missing?

(Topic created: 08-31-2022 08:37 AM)
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hey everyone,

Question since it's been a while since I've purchased an Unlocked device. I bought a Z Fold 4 Unlocked and noticed it doesn't have the native Samsung Visual Voice-mail app all the Carrier locked versions have. Is that just a caveat of an Unlocked device?

Thanks!
9 Replies
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Actually your carrier normally provides the VVM. Check with you carrier, if there's still an issue let us know.
Nightsatin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the app, but it doesn't work?
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
I installed the app provided by the carrier but had to enable it as part of my plan feature for it to work. Check with your carrier to allow use of the app.
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Call the carrier and explain tour situation. They'll get it working properly for you. It's xarrier issue not a Samsung issue.
Options
Galaxy Fold
My carrier (T-Mobile) does have their own garbage app in the Play Store but its horrendous and they're God awful with keeping it updated. On locked devices, Samsung builds in a proprietary app into the OS that is managed and updated by them just like the Phone App for instance. It even maintains the One UI design language. It's just missing on the Unlocked device and I couldn't figure out why.
Oobnnoob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
On my unlocked device I had to go to Google play and install the visual voice-mail that my carrier provides.
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yeah, see I can do that but I was questioning the one Samsung builds into the OS. It's managed and updated by them but pulls in Voice-mails from the carrier. So it's like a Hub basically. I tried side loading the apk but it won't install since it's a system app. I like the one Samsung provided on locked devices because it's consistently updated and maintains the One UI design language.
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
the carrier determines whether or not you have access to Samsung's VVM. I'm on TMO, unlocked, and even though I don't have the TMO VVM app, the Samsung VVM is not available to me because of my carrier.
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks