JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

T-mobile connection issues with Z Fold 3??

(Topic created: 09-01-2021 05:10 PM)
Squadtsf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Has anyone besides me have TERRIBLE network service with their Fold 3 on T-mobile's network??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
chaks
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Make sure you are using they new SIM that supports 5G and their new network. If you are not sure if you have their new SIM, then just go to the store and get one.

View solution in context

18 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
This seems to be a issue, try installing Google carrier services and then reboot your phone
0 Likes
Squadtsf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Did that. Same issue, I came over from sprint and I'm curious if that somehow has anything to do with it
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
Did you receive a new Sim card
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
You really should contact them via Twitter and see if they can assist you directly
0 Likes
Squadtsf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have. They said it could take up approximately 72hrs to find out
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
Try shutting down the phone and remove the Sim card and wait a few minutes then put Sim card back in maybe the Sim card is damaged or not sitting in cradle correctly
0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm currently on t-mobile and so far no issues on my fold or flip. I also live in a middle size city, that could be why. Not sure if you have it enabled but disable 5g. It saves battery and I have a better connection. It's the first thing I do no matter the device. LTE still seems to work better at the moment.
Squadtsf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
My wife's Note 20U and my other phone, 12 Pro Max are both running 5G with zero issues
0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Odd. Yeah I've owned both of these. The Note was unlocked from Samsung and the iPhone was Tmobile branded. Same issue. Once I switch off the 5g on both I was good to go. Maybe we will see an update soon the resolve the issue one can hope. I would disable it though just to check as a troubleshooting measure