Unable to send text messages

(Topic created: 12-03-2023 09:26 AM)
userTKk2WHlyny
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

My text messages app is not working. 

I can only receive texts.

Everything that I send or reply to a text message, the recipients are not receiving them.
6 Replies
Kaptain918
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Ever since the software update recently my I can't send or receive text messages at either
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Which messages app are you using from Samsung or Google?

userTKk2WHlyny
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Samsung factory text messages app. There's a newer app that they are trying to launch but I don't like it. I like the traditional text message app
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You can try Google messages app for the sake of testing.

0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

That's likely a carrier issue, give them a call. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community! We understand the importance of being able to send a text. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001439

If you are still unable to send a text after completing the troubleshooting, we recommend reach out to your service provider for additional assistance.