Original topic:

Samsungs New Fold 5

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

d62491a1-2b21-11ee-bb6f-bf57baa30d3a.cf.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the latest foldable phone from Samsung, and it's set to be released on August 11, 2023. The phone is rumored to have a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, 12GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of storage. It will also have a 6.7-inch AMOLED display on the outside and a 7.6-inch AMOLED display on the inside. The camera lineup is expected to remain the same as last year's model, with a 50MP main camera, 12MP ultrawide camera, and 10MP telephoto camera.

One of the biggest changes to the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the upgraded hinge. The new hinge is said to be stronger and more durable, and it will also allow the phone to close completely flat. This will make the foldable feel thinner and more pocket-friendly.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 looks like a promising device. It has a powerful processor, a large and versatile display, and a durable hinge. If you're looking for a high-end foldable phone, the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is a great option.

Here are some of the pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

Pros:

Powerful processor
Large and versatile display
Durable hinge
Improved camera
More pocket-friendly

Here are some additional details about the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

The phone will be available in three colors: Phantom black, Cream, and Ice Blue and 2 Exclusive online colors Gray and Blue
It will support 5G connectivity.
The battery will be 4,400mAh.
The phone will run on Android 13.

And a list of the full Specs 

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
SoC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
Display 7.6" 2176 x 1812 120Hz OLED primary, 6.2" 2316 x 904 120Hz OLED cover display
RAM 12GB
Storage 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
Battery 4,400mAh
Ports USB Type-C 3.2, OTG
Operating System Android 13 (One UI 5.1.1)
Front camera 4MP f/1.8 under-display camera (80˚ FoV, 2.0Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.2 cover display camera (85˚ FoV, 1.22Ξm pixels)
Rear cameras 50 MP f/1.8 wide-angle (85˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels), 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (123˚ FoV, 1.12Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.4 telephoto (36˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels)
Connectivity 5G (inc mmWave), LTE, up to Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC
Dimensions 67.1 x 155 x 13 mm folded, 130 x 155, 6.1 mm unfolded
Colors Ice Blue, Phantom Black, Cream + Samsung.com exclusive Gray, Blue
Weight 253g (8.92Oz)
Charging25W Super Fast Charging wired, 15W wireless (Qi)
IP RatingIPX8

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

95 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Robin621k Do you use a Fold 5? 

The keyboard is very usable on the front (outer) screen. I have had the Fold 3, 4, and now Fold 5. 

I agree that some people don't find the front screen as usable as they would like but there are a lot of us who disagree and have no issue with the width of the front screen. The width difference between the folded Fold 5 and S23 Ultra is 11 mm (0.4 inches). 

I really doubt that the Fold 6 screen is going to be wider. 

0 Likes
Members_fbmCPft
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hopely Samsung fixed all issues for folderble phone such as screen film and sudden turning off issue... 

0 Likes
beban
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I recently purchased the Z Fold 5 and am loving everything about it. That said, I have always been big on tech research and figuring out what I'm missing out on lol. I've owned a Pixel in the past and my biggest issue with it was the lack of customization compared to Samsung. With Galaxy, it seems like anything and everything I want to accomplish, there's a way to do it - even if that means diving deep into settings to third party apps.

So my question is: Based on software and hardware (not build quality or physical design, because both models coming out soon sound like they're changing), would you guys go for Pixel Fold or Z Fold and why?

To add more info, I love the customization on Samsung, and based on reviews, it seems that the build quality is better than Pixel at the moment. On the other hand, I along with most others am tired of the bloatware and honestly I almost exclusively use the Google apps anyway (besides Samsung Notes)

Nerdboy2
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I had a z fold 5 but it wont work because the inside screen didn't work intill you power it down and turn it back on open. So be careful
0 Likes
Nerdboy2
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
👌
0 Likes
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm not a person who harps just blindly, but the user experience with z fold 5, I'm a believer that fold is the future. Im a note/sultra convert. I couldn't let go of my stylus 😞, that's why I skipped z fold earlier. But fold 5 was a leap I gambled on and can honestly say, I'm glad I did. 
My work flow definitely better, I didn't even have to use my laptop, love it. I no longer am concerned when I travel, since I can use my fold for just about anything and everything. 

YamilON
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Al que tenga un Z Fold 4 que tal a sido su experiencia con ese dispositivo 

kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
No te recomiendo un foldable..
Pero si de plano tienes michas ganas de uno. El foldable nuevo de OnePlus esta mejor que el Z fold.
0 Likes
JackieKido
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I believe that the updates for the Z Fold 5, that give us AI features are absolutely amazing. I know many who are using them immediately and really appreciate that it was offered.

Thank you

Samsung
0 Likes
userNAztA5Fddp
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I am amazed how Samsung doing the trade in devices on their website. 
They're offering more money for the S23 Ultra 5G over the Z Fold 5.
And when it comes to sales the Z Fold 5 goes for $1800 and the S22 Ultra around $1300, that's a messed up deal.
Samsung trying to tell us the Fold not worth the money. 
0 Likes