Original topic:

Date links in Messages app

(Topic created: 08-29-2019 01:07 AM)
EquinsuOchaZeke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm getting links for days as well as things like 'today' and 'tomorrow'

When I select them, it brings me to the calendar. 

It is breaking some url that have dates in them. 

I have had no luck on where to disable it. 

This is only happening on the Note 10. My old Note 8 is not doing this. 

https://imgur.com/a/Xg3yKVo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
58 Replies
useraNJQZv8WIR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This problem is still not solved as of November 9, 2019.

Samsung_avWoubd posted his solution which is to click on a button in the top left of the messages list. There is no button on top left, only top right. He then said to click on advanced settings, but there is no advanced button in the options.

I was able to find a button in the settings under "more settings" called "enable web previews".. but I had already disabled this many months ago, yet the day/date link bug/feature is still happening. I tried enabling and disabling "enable web link preview" and this still does not solve this problem at all. "Enable web link preview" allows you to see a simple screenshot of a website URL. It does not affect the messages app auto generating calendar links when you type words like "today, tomorrow, 3pm, 11:15am, etc...".

We need an actual solution as this is still an unsolved problem.

Samsung_YB3vB80
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Please god make it stop

userDBrn3qWdVh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is ***NOT*** in any way solved. Can it be marked as Unsolved so people don't waste 15 minutes of their lives reading through this entire frustrating thread only to be right back where they started?!

I have the same problem. I do NOT want the words today and tomorrow to be hyperlinked to a calendar item every time I include them in a text message. It's ridiculous - whoever thought that was a good idea should rethink their career choice. 95% of the time I type either of those words, it's just in routine conversation.

Please fix this, post a solution, or give us an OPTION to toggle this "feature" on and off. It's awful and annoying - and please don't mark problems as solved when there's no solution whatsoever presented!

usersRTZBTskxc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is not solved. Samsung developers, the people have spoken and they HATE THIS FEATURE. Please put in an option to turn it off!!! Praying this will be fixed with the next update.

usereCJCBGzsX9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

December 21.. still nothing?

userDBrn3qWdVh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is still not solved as of 12-30-2019. It's been weeks. Can we please get a response or an actual solution?!

This is ridiculous.

user3mY3WbJzkK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It's not a feature, it's a bad joke. No option to disable it? Really?
I don't understand how quality control can let this go.

Not only is the feature itself useless, but it also breaks the url and the readability.

Your keyboard was really great until this, so please just rollback...

@SamsungRei @SamsungAdam @SamsungCole @SamsungJace

0 Likes
KevMel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

On my Samsung S9 Plus I have the same problem.

Very annoying !

0 Likes
jamq09
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello Samsung family users, I may have found the problem for hyperlinks in text. I was using a Samsung S8 and never had the problem. I changed over to Samsung Note 8 and then problems began. Hyperlinks in text. Whenever I typed today or tomorrow or a time it went to the calendar link. It even changed my entire text one time! So I turned on my old S8 where I didn't have problem and found that there are two calendars for Google. The new Google calendar was the issue. I deleted it, loaded the old Google calendar by the way which works the same and BAM.. I had no issue. If your calendar is blue it is the new one that inserts links. If your calendar is green it is the old one which will not insert links! It's not the phone it's Googles calendar app!! Try it and see. Hope it works!! If not back to the drawing board!! 

0 Likes
user6BcJ7lvyUE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have an S8 with a green calendar and still have hyperlinks.  Don't think that is the issue.

0 Likes