Original topic:

Dual WhatsApp data missing

(Topic created: 06-20-2021 11:14 AM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm an user of Galaxy Note 10+. I'm facing an issue with Dual messenger

All the media files like photos, videos etc are not reflecting in the gallery. I tried to debug the issue

I went into recent changes and found that WhatsApp made a change is path location. The non dual WhatsApp files are now located in android>media>com.whatsapp>WhatsApp

But when I checked the dual folder I can see that the media folder in android is missing. Therefore, whatever the data in dual WhatsApp is not reflecting in gallery or any other database reader application. 

From the other posts I can see that it's with every Samsung user. This need to be priority 0 issue. Need to be fixed asap. 

Hope this info with give Samsung a easy initial push and able to fix it soon. Otherwise there is no point in advertising Dual messenger feature.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recommend trying to clear the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

If this step doesn't work you will need to get in contact with the developer of the app. You will be able to find their contact information in the google play store. 

View solution in context

16 Replies
userB8QQmJk4sL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem on Dual WhatsApp. Will appreciate a solution from Samsung ASAP.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

all the permission settings are allowed for dual messenger? have you tried to uninstall dual messenger and add it again? 

submit an error report via samsung members app if you think it's a software issue with dual messenger feature.

0 Likes
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
All the permissions has been active. It's an issue with file path rearrangement failure. Because from new WhatsApp update
wilfem
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same problem here too.
0 Likes
userStzJVgXuO7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having exactly the same issue with my dual Whatsapp. The normal WhatsApp can open attachments fine but the dual Whatsapp gives the message: "This file could not be accessed. Check your connection or make the filename shorter".         It won't only not open PDF but any other attachment.

I think the above poster only tested with normal Whatsapp and not with dual.

Is anyone else having this issue? Can't believe there are only 2 of us? Please help.

BTW, I am using a S10E

0 Likes
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's the same issue. Even I can see it at my end. I tried to reach out to Samsung in many ways they didn't respond properly. I raised a query as mentioned above, after going forth and back they just suggested me to call customer service. Until unless they understand it's not going to work
0 Likes
SteakchefS10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

i'm facing this exact same problem.

I fixed my issue via these steps:

1. Back up your whatsapp dual data

2. Uninstall it from the samsung settings (disable dual messenger option)

3. Re install the whatsapp dual

4. Restore your data. 

This worked for me for a total of 12 minutes. Now its the same. 

The issues I'm facing are:

1. Unable to download PDF (try saving the file on the device and then opening it.)

2. Gallery Whatsapp folder missing

3. Cannot use whatsapp camera 

4. Cannot mark on photos (File format not supported)

5. cannot share screenshots (Format not supported)

Samsung really needs to come up with a solution for this. I'm facing this issue for over 2 months now. My work whatsapp is in ruins. 

Please Help!

0 Likes
Meilich
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same issue here. Driving me crazy!
0 Likes
userwDQnHpRSHM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue for me too after the software update. Dual WhatsApp is useless now in my S10+.  Can't even take any pictures or open a document file. Please fix this issue ASAP.

0 Likes