JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10 (All models All Carriers) Weak Signal Issues

(Topic created: 10-19-2020 08:27 PM)
AceAhad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did any of u guys with note 10 getting hard time to get signals and mobile network and LTE??

239 Replies
tony1982
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
same issue. Att as a provider. 3 phone replacements. I do speed tests everywhere I go and screenshots. 1 second I'm moving along at 20 to 50 mbs download and decent upload. The next I'm at .11 download and .58 upload. happens randomly
0 Likes
Samsung_w6XbBfl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm in the same situation, it took me a while to realize it though because I thought it was network issues. After changing phone carriers, and it not getting any better, I realized something was wrong with the phone, but Covid was in full swing by then and I couldn't go without a phone so I lived with it a bit longer since I figured I would just take it to uBreakIFix to have it repaired when they opened back up. That was honestly a joke. They requested I leave my phone and sim card for a minimum of two days... Needless to say I couldn't go without my only form of communication for that long so I opted to send it in for repair. By that point in time I had less than a month left on my warranty... 

It should arrive back tomorrow, but the notice from Samsung said nothing was wrong which cannot possibly be true.

To get data working and to be able to make phone calls, I either have to disable/reenable mobile data, turn on/off airplane mode, or reboot the phone for service to return (and sometimes that doesn't work and has to be done a couple times to get it back). While calling Samsung to send it in for repair the phone dropped the call four times.

I'm using a free Motorola phone from my carrier and I have yet to experience any of the data issues or calls being dropped that I have experienced with my Note 10+. It is honestly refreshing to use a phone that works. I honestly didn't realize how bad my Note 10+ was messing up.

Since I will have less than two weeks left on my warranty I figure I will document every reception issue that arises for the next ten days and then reach back out to Samsung. It is utterly ridiculous that a phone that cost over $1000 when it launched can't make a reliable phone call (seriously, nearly every call I make is dropped), and a dinky free phone that I got from my carrier has better reception, call quality, data reliabity, and battery life.

Needless to say, I am not at all happy with my Note 10+ experience. I never had any issues with my previous Samsung phones (S10+, Note8, Note5, S), but this one has had reception issues since the first day I removed it from the box (and it took me switching carriers to notice that).

0 Likes
user5ZpJyCldSa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue here. I have literally no signal on so many places, first I thought it is the network provider but I see my friends with Iphones having signal everywhere where I dont. Come on Samsung? Whats this?!!

0 Likes
userXS0oFWyNQZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have experienced this issue since purchasing my Note10+.  It is making using it to call people pointless.  My calls drop 5-6 times at least during a conversation and sometimes my callers say I sound like a robot.  I have followed all of Verizon's suggested troubleshooting and all of Samsung's troubleshooting including a factory reset, making sure software is up to date, everything they suggested and I think its in fact worse.  The only solution is sending it to Samsung but has anyone had any luck with that?  I saw someone on this thread say Samsung sent it back and said there was nothing wrong with their phone.  I just wonder if anyone has resolved the issue at all?  And how were you successful in doing so?  

0 Likes
citraferdyan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just start using Galaxy Note 10 this week, and found out 2 biggest issues :
- fingerprint (not responsive, failed with damp/not even wet hand, not working with screen protector)
- signal is horrible, both SIM cards.

With my old Xiaomi Mi6X, even after washing hands, fingerprint works like charm and lightning-fast, with Galaxy Note 10, I need to press and wait for a while.

With signal, Mi6X got 2-3 bars (signal is not perfect in my house) and the internet is working. But with Galaxy Note 10 I only got 0-1 bar, and sometimes 1, and the internet is almost not working at all.

I try the [Network Setting Rest],  [SimMobilityKit] cache reset, hard restart, clean the SIM Card surfaces. NO fruitful result.

Having different interface and features than other brand is fine, but critical functions is not running properly is another thing. And this is a FLAGSHIP phone.
If this not fixed within these weeks, I think I will sell this phone and surely not recommend any Samsung flagship or regular phone to anyone.

0 Likes
usertL6iNw9zqi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had the same issues, dropped calls, no connection and data failure.  Sometimes it would be days before I received a text and sometimes I would reboot and 20 messages would come in, I never knew when it was happening.  I have returned my unlocked Note 10+ 3 times and the last time they kept the phone and it is now supposedly a return/exchange issue.  I have been without a phone for a cumulative 6 weeks, 3 1/2 weeks this time.  No one has called me- they keep saying someone will call me to discuss the next option but I have not heard from anyone except for emails from Samsung support telling me to send them my original receipt (It was purchased directly from them but they say they have no way of looking that up??) and to send in my phone. (which they already have, that has been verified).   I feel like I have been given the run around constantly.  I never had issues with my Galaxy 3, 5 or the Galaxy 7 I am using now in place of the Note 10+.  I have been an adamant android defender and Samsung particularly but I an certainly re thinking that stance due to my experiences.  My husband has been an iphone person all these years and is giving me a large amount of grief now that I am experiencing this issue with no resolution.  I am extremely upset with Samsung and wonder what kind of offer I will be getting for an exchange.  I expect to be compensated for the 6 weeks I have been without a phone, the S7 Galaxy was a great phone but it is so s l o w!!!  We will see what happens.

0 Likes
userEknQrNB8Hc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

TRUE, I have same problem in my NOTE 10+

0 Likes
arleyb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
will my phone work without a SIM card in it
0 Likes
userV90QDkjZoO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I bought note 10 plus from samsung online shop in UK in September. The reception is very poor. I tried all steps suggested here by MODs but it didn't help. I tried note 10 plus with the same virgin sim in the same locations against my son's honor mobile and my old huawei p20 pro. The results were always the same, my £700 brand new phone had much worse reception than both old cheaper phones every single time (both by number of bars and signal strenght checked in android settings). I don't experience call drops but using internet on my phone is a real struggle.

I'm very disappointed with my new phone.

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out. This is a U.S. based forum and to get this issue resolved you will have to go to the region of origin of where the device was purchased. Here's a link to find the contact information for your area: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes