JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 8 needs Android v11?

(Topic created: 08-12-2023 04:57 PM)
Mocon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have a Galaxy Note 8 w Android v9 & no more Android updates are available... but my carrier PureTalk says it MUST have at least Android v11?

Is there a work around? #Note8 
4 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sorry to say but the Note 8 is too old to get Android 11,  Android 9 is the last update it would received 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Samsung has the best update package in the industry as is. There's a lot of things out of their control because they don't make all the components, for instance snapdragon chips lose support from Qualcomm after a certain amount of time, but 4 years or updates and 5 years of security is actually pushing it, believe it or not
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Your carrier should know that it will not get 11. Maybe, they are trying to tell you to get a phone with 11 or higher but can't come out and say it.

Importantly though, Android is highly vulnerable without updates. For security reasons, it's good to upgrade to 2021 phones or better.
0 Likes
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I traded in my Note 10 plus for the z-fold 4 almost a year ago. I kept an older S8 Plus with a cracked screen. I have used it twice while my z-fold was in the shop for the protective screen cover replacement and had no problem calling or texting.
I would question your carriers reason for not being able to use your phone. You should realize you would be doing so at your own risk.