JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lost secure folder files after overnight factory reset

(Topic created: 10-11-2020 09:57 PM)
userD5Dw1eUGlZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My phone did a factory reset overnight. I had to start over, get s my apps back at! I used SECURE FOLDER for important papers, passwords etc and ALL my files are GONE! I called Samsung, I was told with the recent update Samsung opted NOT to continue some applications. Then why is the folder there still? Yet they can permanently DELETE my IMPORTANT INFORMATION?????

I've always had Samsung phones, this was WRONG of Samsung.....May need to switch to Apple!!

Very unhappy Samsung user!

17 Replies
user9kZHuBLcJw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The only thing that I got from the solution to this. Is to constantly back up your secure folder because you never know when your Samsung phone might factory reset itself from an update without your permission. So far are having battery issues with my note 10. Now the used replacement (because Samsung refuses to replace with new hardware). Is factory resetting itself without my permission. 

I'm a hair away from just going to a whole other phone. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks, If I ever get a buyer for mine which has been setting in the closet since last year, I'll pass it on to whoeever. The only Samsung product I have left is my S9, but I can't get rid of it yet. I did good, got rid of four TV's, two tablets and a S7, just got that one more to go.

0 Likes
JcMack2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My note8 screen was damaged, so my documents were in the secure folder in my micro sd card. I got the s20 and tried to recover my files from the sd card. Samsung changed the setting, and now we cannot save or open a file from the secure folder; and I fixed my note8 and tried to recover the files, and I couldn't be able either. Anyone knows how to open the files in the micro sd card, maybe using a computer or a cellphone? Thanks.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@JcMack2021 wrote:
My note8 screen was damaged, so my documents were in the secure folder in my micro sd card. I got the s20 and tried to recover my files from the sd card. Samsung changed the setting, and now we cannot save or open a file from the secure folder; and I fixed my note8 and tried to recover the files, and I couldn't be able either. Anyone knows how to open the files in the micro sd card, maybe using a computer or a cellphone? Thanks.

I'm not a bit surprisied, Every time Samsung does an update you have keep dismissing the messsage to go to the secure folder. I've lost notes on to many occassion so I dont use it  Best answer, take the S20 back, and don't buy Samung. You will get no answers.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is amazing.  This thread is well over a year now and still popping up.  I backed my phone up yesterday and when I was finished, my phone put a warning up across the screen yelling "DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP YOUR SECURE FOLDER!!!"  One click and my secure folder was backed up.  I have had LESS problems with backing up my secure data on my Note 9 than what I ever had with backing up my REGULAR data on my iPhone years ago.  Trying to back my apple up, I had on each successive attempt:

1. Loss of every Photo on my phone.  Totally gone.. 
  2. Then Loss of every Contact. 300+ 
  3. Then a replacement of all my contacts.  Doubled.  

Then I got an update that turned my phone into a brick.  That update was followed rapidly by 3 more updates that finally made my phone functional again.  Only took 4 minutes to diala number.  I contacted Apple about it.  They said that I should never have installed that update.  I asked them why they forced it out?  I asked for them to roll it back to a functioning system.  They refused.  I asked what I was suppose to do? They said "Go buy another phone" and hung up on me.  So I did.  Bought my old Note 3 and never looked back.  Since then, I've been rabidly anti apple.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Apple has fixed numerous problems on their phones in the last 3 years. However, I don't care what phone you buy or from what manufacturer, you're going to have issues. I have one samsung products leftout of 4 TV's two tablets and four phones. I Have one phone left and have had enough of Samsung services. As far as the secure folder, that is not held on you micro SD card. It held in Samsungs cloud so to speak even when you think you don't use it. I have lost many things on updates from Samsung that I had in the secure folder so I don't use it on my S9 anymore. It's garbage. Samsung notes though has been performing excellent.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
oh well. each to their own I guess. I've used Samsung phones for the past 12 years with never a single problem other than a cracked screen (my fault). I loved my iphone when I had it until iTunes blew my backup 4 times deleting my data and a backup that destroyed my phone. As you said, everyone has problems. good luck.
0 Likes
Heraldtoreallynone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
my tablet and phone recently updated and I'm wondering where do I find my files that are in the android folder? I read digital comics and I had to put them in a comic folder in my android folder in the SD memory card so I could have more comics. the comics are still there but I can't find the folder to add more. someone please help.
0 Likes