JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Music players close when opening other applications

(Topic created: 10-28-2019 07:56 AM)
frcraig
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If I open my Files app and browse to my Music Folder and double click a song it opens in either the Google Play or Samsung Music (my choice) "mini" player and the song plays.  However if I try to open Chrome or any other app the music stops and the mini player disappears.  How can I get the music to continue to play in the background while I surf the net.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey

@frcraig

@SamsungJoJo mentioned that you will need a third party music player. I expect most of them will be able to play while you surf. I have PowerAmp pro on my phone and just checked it out and it works fine while on the internet and using other apps. 

I don't know if it can play music purchased using Google play or Samsung play as they might have digital rights management embedded. For music files in general its good. 

Find the one you like in Google play store , test it and if it's great have fun. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in context

7 Replies
Ace-1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

same issue bro

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, Google Play and Samsung Music only plays when you are actually on that app, like YouTube. I recommend searching the play store for a different music player that will allow you to listen to music while surfing other apps.

0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey

@frcraig

@SamsungJoJo mentioned that you will need a third party music player. I expect most of them will be able to play while you surf. I have PowerAmp pro on my phone and just checked it out and it works fine while on the internet and using other apps. 

I don't know if it can play music purchased using Google play or Samsung play as they might have digital rights management embedded. For music files in general its good. 

Find the one you like in Google play store , test it and if it's great have fun. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

frcraig
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for your replies. I found PowerAmp and VLC continue to play when I switch apps.

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey, 

@frcraig

I'm glad to hear that you have everything up and running. If you decide to stay with PowerAmp you might consider the pro version. If you like widgets be sure to check out the ones that come with PowerAmp. Customizations for them are pretty good. I don't use them anymore but they are pretty good.

Take care, 

CLF 

0 Likes
userVhVbb3VZeq
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You got to make sure it checked play in background and data saver is off just go to apps click on it and check the memory

0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey, 

@frcraig

Something to look for when we're using 3rd party music players. If you're listening to music and the display times out the battery optomization service might kill the music player. 

If this happens open system settings /apps / tap the menu icon, 3 vertical dots, at the top right corner of the page and select special access listed on the menu. At the top of the new page tap optomize battery usage. Once the new page opens select apps not optimized at the top of the page and select all from the drop down menu. Scroll down the list and find your new music player and turn off the blue lit switch. Sounds like a lot to do but it's really easy and only takes a minute. This will let the music play after the screen times out and after the the screen locks. When I want to turn it off or change the track I don't have to unlock the phone just turn on the screen and the widget slides in. 

It adds every 3rd party app I install to the optomized list regardless of what the app needs to run properly. For some that's ok but I have removed 3 or 4 from the optomize list and have really good battery stats. 

Take care, 

CLF 

0 Likes