JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Tablet backed up to my Note 10

(Topic created: 06-25-2023 09:22 PM)
ShortStop21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Two days ago my tablet notify me about the Samsung Cloud changes and the same notification popped up on my Note10 and it asked to back up. I hit back up and everything from my Samsung tablet has been backed up to my phone and my settings and features have been changed around. It even erased my Google account from my phone I had to add all the information back again. Is there a way to restore my phone back to what it was? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello ShortStop21, Welcome to the Community. We understand the frustration of when a backup and restore goes awry. 

This article provides helpful information on what content can be backed up using Samsung Cloud, as well as steps for backing up and restoring using Samsung Cloud and Google in addition to other methods. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060517/

Backing up with Samsung Cloud will overwrite any previous backups. However, the tablet should be separate from the phone. We recommend reaching out to the Samsung Accounts team by calling 1-855-795-0509. They may be able to determine why the data crossed between the devices.

View solution in context

4 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes, if it was backed up by either Google or Samsung before.

Goto Settings
Accounts and backup
Samsung cloud or Google drive
0 Likes
ShortStop21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
These are my options. When I select manage accounts it brings up my social media accounts and anything else I'm logged into. Back up data takes me to my Google storage. It gives me the option to back up now but no restore options. Screenshot_20230627_002301.jpg
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you haven't performed a back up before this, then there's nothing to restore?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello ShortStop21, Welcome to the Community. We understand the frustration of when a backup and restore goes awry. 

This article provides helpful information on what content can be backed up using Samsung Cloud, as well as steps for backing up and restoring using Samsung Cloud and Google in addition to other methods. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060517/

Backing up with Samsung Cloud will overwrite any previous backups. However, the tablet should be separate from the phone. We recommend reaching out to the Samsung Accounts team by calling 1-855-795-0509. They may be able to determine why the data crossed between the devices.