Original topic:

Note 20 5G wont turn on after drop in saltwater pool

(Topic created: Monday)
vebba
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So, my son dropped his Note 20 5g in the pool very briefly last week. It was a saltwater pool. It is a refurbished unit from backmarket so I’m not expecting that the water resistance would work for the phone. I have disassembled it short of replacing the battery and there didn’t appear to be a lot of moisture from what I could tell. I’m trying to find out where the issue might be. There is no response on the phone at all after charging for any amount of time. Is there a good way to narrow down the point of failure? I was thinking maybe changing the battery may help but I’m not sure. Thanks for any input.

4 Replies
MrGhoul
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
keep phone off for the first 24 to 48 hrs of getting wet to prevent short circuiting. Take battery out lay on microfiber towel with good air ventilation. Try this link https://www.consumerreports.org/electronics-computers/cell-phones/what-to-do-if-your-phone-gets-wet-...
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You need to plug it into a device that measures how much charge it's pulling. If it is pulling a charge, then the screen probably needs replacing. If not, then it's the battery.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@vebba Unfortunately salt water is very corrosive to electronics. The point of failure could be anywhere on the phone and many locations could be affected. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Sand is another killer of smartphones.
0 Likes