I've been having issues downloading or updating apps. It is random. The only thing I've found that consistently works is to reboot into Safe Mode and update or install apps.
I have wiped my device, wiped the app's cache, uninstalled the Google Play Store Updates... Wiping my phone allows downloads to begin working for less than 24 hours.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I should have tried these two things seperately. I deleted all "Paired to a previous phone" Bluetooth devices and then turned off Bluetooth and restarted the phone. Apps started updating, although it seemed to be getting slower with each app. Out of curiosity, I turned Bluetooth back on and it kept going, even more noticeably slower. Turned Bluetooth off and waited a while. Latest app took over a minute to go from 99% to 100% and is still sitting there 5 minutes later. Never turned off or adjusted the setting of my VPN during all this, connected to Wi-Fi with over 200Mbps.
This is my new normal. I haven't had less than 50 app needing updates since 2 full OS updates ago.
After typing this , it looks like it's back up to the speed I initially observed. Went from (57) to (54) apps in the time it took to write to this point (I type pretty slow). Maybe just turning off Bluetooth is the answer until all apps are updated. THIS SHOULD STILL NOT BE THE CASE. If Samsung can't replicate the issue, they should ask one or more of the people with the issue to swap phones for a new one. There is another Note 10+ in the house that does not have this problem. That user is a first time Android owner, however. Not sure if that matters, but more data is more data.
Now (50) apps to go.
Believe it or not, there is a Bluetooth device in range of your phone that is trying to repeatedly connect to your phone causing your phone to have issues. In my case, it was my Plantronics Headset that I use for work and was sitting on my desk. It was strange because I never saw the device listed under Bluetooth on my phone. I figured it out by installing an app and looking at what hidden Bluetooth devices were trying to connect to my phone. Bingo! Turned Bluetooth off on my headset and everything has been golden since.
I'm assuming you can always repair the Bluetooth and the issue should go away. It seems like it is with devices that were once previously connected.
Let me know if I can help any further.