Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra: screen dimming in sunlight

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yesterday afternoon I looked down at my Note 20 U and it was all dark. I had ridden down to the Beach.

The phone screen is very hard to see in direct sunlight.

I either want to write it off to something foolish I did such as hit the Screen dimming button or something 

Or get on the phone ASAP with my Carrier to make sure I have a working device.

Does anyone know of any Major Carrier updates which took place yesterday?

Do the most State of the Art phones still have thus hard to see display in direct sunlight?

Any settings anyone might recommend for the Note 20 Ultra?

Thanks 

5 Replies
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
All the new phones are all great in the sunlight, They all provide extra brightness so yea I would suggest you upgrade to an s22 or higher model for extra brightness in the sun :sun_with_face:
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You're welcome
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Check to make sure you didn't activate adaptive brightness. It may also be the result of a software bug. For that, performing a partition cache clear may be helpful. Here are the steps:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note20-ultra-5g/wipe-cache/
0 Likes
Bleamer2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Not everyone has the extra money to buy a brand new phone or want to take out a loan against their home. Troubleshoot your phone, and try different settings. Make sure you have the latest firmware on your phone. I have the S23 Ultra to trade it in for the S24 ultra would just be a waste of money. I'm looking at what bloggers are saying about the S24 ultra and all the hype. The S23, ultra is still Samsung's champion of smartphones. I'll wait until the S25 comes out before trading up.
0 Likes