JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone Restarting On Its Own Over and Over

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 05:40 PM)
Larry-Foulke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My Galaxy Note10+ about 3 days ago started restarting itself over and over. It's only gotten worse since then and now it restarts itself almost every couple minutes. Does anyone have any tips? Please help 
0 Likes
7 Replies
goochbuntu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Check your battery health if you can. Sounds like the battery is done
Whatsinth3box
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Like a boot loop or? Could be lots of things. See if you have a rogue app. Be sure you keep it plugged in while you try. Worst case factory reset and go from there.
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you experience this at certain times or just intermittently?

Do you experience these symptoms while your device is in safe mode? It could be possible a third-party app could be causing this to occur.

This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Also, double-check in your settings that you don't have auto-restart enabled.

0 Likes
Larry-Foulke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The issue is happening frequently, almost every couple minutes.

I tried it in safe mode and it still kept restarting.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I am sorry your device is restarting constantly. Third-party apps can cause random or constant reboots to happen on your phone or tablet. Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue. You can perform a software update, factory reset, or turn on Safe mode to determine if an app is causing the issue. Try these steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001475/

Additionally, you can try wiping your device's cache partition:

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Please let me know if this helps. 

Larry-Foulke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It worked thank you very much
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You are very welcome! I am glad to be of assistance!

0 Likes