Original topic:

Reinstall settings and apps on new handset

(Topic created: 08-12-2020 02:55 PM)
userp5cLz2yvSy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, hope someone can help.

I'm swapping my old note 9 handset for a refurb. Exact same model.

What is the best way to automatically reinstall all my apps and, importantly, my settings on the new device?

Is there some way to back-up everything (including wallpaper, homepage layout, folders etc.) so that I have effectively cloned my old phone settings and content onto the new phone?

I just want to do it as efficiently as possible.

Thank you for reading!

8 Replies
userp5cLz2yvSy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

p.s. I know backup & restore can cover much of this, I want to know if I can clone the set-up wholesale

0 Likes
FfFlLleEeXXx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
What ever you believe in you will always accomplish Postivety so don't never want to k ow just know its always REAL.
0 Likes
userp5cLz2yvSy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for such semi-literate platitudes. They are a beacon of hope in an increasingly dark and confusing world.

0 Likes
Greasemonkey
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Samsung smart switch does that, and I believe it comes preloaded on the note 9. just search for smart switch in settings, open it on both devices and follow the on-screen instructions.
userp5cLz2yvSy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you. It does have that option but I won't have both handsets cos I'm exchanging with the retailer via post so that's why I'm a bit stuck.

Solution
Greasemonkey
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ok, in that case, do a backup to a micro SD card through smart switch or download smart switch on your PC and create a backup that way.
userp5cLz2yvSy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you

Greasemonkey
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You're welcome! Have a great day. 😁
0 Likes