JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages sending old messages on it's own

(Topic created: 02-21-2023 02:21 PM)
userVdquwLH9vW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Several years ago I had a Note 9. I had been using Google messages for sms bt switched back to Samsung Messages because I was having an issue with Google messages. Very quickly I started getting random odd responses from friends. After a little investigation I realized that Samsung Messages was re-sending old messages on its own. All the messages went to their original recipient and they all contained a photo. It sent over 100 before I caught it. Fast forward to 2021. I bought a Note 20 Ultra. Since I also have a Tab S7 I wanted to take advantage of the "text from another device" function I stared using Samsung Messages again. Sure enough within minutes of using it, Samsung Messages sent over 50 old messages with photos to my contacts. I've read everything I can find and have not found any single solution to this problem. Help.....
3 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I wouldn't use samsung messages if that is happening
0 Likes
userVdquwLH9vW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I don't. I've been using Pulse Messaging on my phone and tablet but it's glitchy and I'd like to figure out why Samsung Messages won't work properly...
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is to have multiple old messages sent from your phone. Text messaging is a service provided by your carrier.

Samsung Messages utilizes your carrier's network in sending and receiving of standard text and text containing media such as images.

Apps such a Pulse Messaging and Google Messages utilizes a web-based platform.

We recommend contacting your service provider and have them troubleshoot your messaging services since this is only occurring when utilizing the Samsung Messages app.