JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Showing all images when sending an image via text

(Topic created: 11-02-2021 07:55 PM)
speeddmon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
How do I stop all the images on my phone from showing when sending a text message? I only want certain ones to choose from not all of them
5 Replies
speeddmon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ok. It's the note 10 + and the default messenger. So your saying I have to change messenger and use Google photos instead?
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out. If you are using the stock messaging and stock gallery app, I would recommend creating albums in your Gallery that you are able to choose from. Then when you click on the picture the first square should show from gallery then you can pick a specific album. This may be an easier workaround for find the pictures you are wish to send.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

speeddmon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I guess I need to reword my issue. When using the default messenger on the phone and I want to send a message with a picture I click on the picture icon and it brings up every image on my phone to choose from. I don't want that to happen. I would rather it bring up an option like albums where I could then go into whatever album and choose my picture. I did create albums in my gallery app like you suggested but it didn't correct my issue with messaging. I have some personal pics on my phone I don't like showing up when I try to message someone a picture. Also coming through all the pictures to find a certain one is annoying as well. I hope I better explained my issue.
speeddmon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I downloaded messenger. How do I change to a specific folder?
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Apologies for any confusion, we cannot guarantee a third party app will have this function. I can tell you that this is the default setting for the preinstalled apps as well as many of the third party apps I myself have tried. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.