Original topic:

Sites added to home screen disappeared?

(Topic created: 12-18-2022 05:15 PM)
lyn02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

I add sites to my homescreen so I can read later. Yesterday, most of them disappeared. I don't understand why. Can I recover them?
Thank you

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I am sorry to hear your web shortcuts were removed out of the blue, and can understand the inconvenience and frustration. Have you long-pressed the Home screen on a blank spot to see if they are there, possibly on another Home screen? If it isn't there, then it's possible if you had them backed up via some cloud service (Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.), you can restore them that way. You can also use Smart Switch, with this handy guide: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062998/

If those methods do not work, you can also try to see if a third-party application may be to blame using Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Lastly, you can try clearing your device's cache partition, which may help device behavior, with these steps: 
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

If these do not help, unfortunately, there would be no further method of recovery, and each website's shortcut would have to be redone individually, possibly by going through your browser's history and/or bookmarks. 
Please let me know if this helps. 

samsimba
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This also keeps happening to my S22 ultra. It's extremely frustrating. I'm about to ask for a new phone. This along with other little bugs are really making think twice about getting another Samsung. I've only used Samsung products so this would be really hard to do.