JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Switching from Phone App During Call

(Topic created: 09-23-2019 09:15 PM)
userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Let's say I make a call.  While on the call, I need to look up something in another app on my phone.  So, I place the person on speaker phone, and then I use to be able (with the S10+) get to other apps.  But, with the Note 10+, I can't get it to switch away from the phone app.  I have tried swiping up from the bottom and various other tricks.  What gives?  Thanks much in advance.

17 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

Let's say I make a call.  While on the call, I need to look up something in another app on my phone.  So, I place the person on speaker phone, and then I use to be able (with the S10+) get to other apps.  But, with the Note 10+, I can't get it to switch away from the phone app.  I have tried swiping up from the bottom and various other tricks.  What gives?  Thanks much in advance.

I have Note10 and I can minimize phone app and go use some other app.  Don't you have a home button, that is what I tap

userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for the quick reply. I can get it to show the home button, but nothing happens when I tap it.  Home button works fine when I am not on a call.

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I can get it to show the home button, but nothing happens when I tap it.  Home button works fine when I am not on a call.

Tap and hold phone app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Then go to storage and clear data

0 Likes
userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did this before, but just did again to be sure.  The result is the same.  Also, it doesn't matter if I switch to a different dialer app.  The operation is taken over during the call.  The screen looks the same during call no matter which dialer app I am using.

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

I did this before, but just did again to be sure.  The result is the same.  Also, it doesn't matter if I switch to a different dialer app.  The operation is taken over during the call.  The screen looks the same during call no matter which dialer app I am using.

I hope you did try turning phone off and then back on...

Are you able to dial any phone #(any business place) and take screenshot?

userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sure.  Here it is....Screenshot_20190923-235746_CallApp Contacts.jpg

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

Sure.  Here it is....Screenshot_20190923-235746_CallApp Contacts.jpg

Are you using different/custom theme on your phone?

Also what is that phone icon in the status bar on the left?

0 Likes
userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am not using a theme.  I believe that's the CallApp icon, one of the dialers I tried to use as a solution to this problem.

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

I am not using a theme.  I believe that's the CallApp icon, one of the dialers I tried to use as a solution to this problem.

You are not using Navigation bar or buttons?  If you don't, try to change navigation bar option to show them

0 Likes