JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

When to upgrade galaxy phone (Note 9)

(Topic created: 10-04-2023 02:14 PM)
Bigsedie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Greetings Samsung Family! My Note 9 no longer receives upgrades, but is working as expected. At what time is it best to upgrade the device? Depending on my location, the caller's voice goes in and out. The person I am speaking with hears me, but at times I can not make out what they are saying. Samsung is offering a decent trade in to upgrade. I am open to all advice, especially my frugal members that'll say, "rock it till it stops"! 😄

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I highly recommend upgrading as soon as possible. Because your phone no longer receives security updates, it is extremely vulnerable to all types of cyber attacks. New Samsung devices are promised 4 years of OS upgrades and 5 years of security updates.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I highly recommend upgrading as soon as possible. Because your phone no longer receives security updates, it is extremely vulnerable to all types of cyber attacks. New Samsung devices are promised 4 years of OS upgrades and 5 years of security updates.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
upgrade asap
YROD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There is nothing wrong with being frugal, but you have to be willing to admit when you've gotten your money's worth.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you're not receiving updates, it's time to upgrade today. It's not safe to use a phone that isn't supported