JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

message+ app can't run in Samsung Dex. Try running in phone mode

(Topic created: 12-03-2019 09:19 AM)
usera1c96VvnBj
Constellation
Options
Note10

Samsung Note 10+ phone attached via USB to C cable to windows 10 pc.

Trying to load Messages + app version 6.9.6  in Dex on Desktop .  Get werror:

message+ app can't run in Samsung Dex. Try running in phone mode

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note10

Give this link a try to verify the compatibility of the app with Dex: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-dex/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note10

Give this link a try to verify the compatibility of the app with Dex: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-dex/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNcjBjzUvzn
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Normally I would agree that Message+ isn't compatible with Dex on an external screen, but I purchased a Tab S6 last year and Message+ worked fine in DEX on an external monitor.   So I purchased a 2nd Tab S6 a few weeks ago and, using the same external monitor, I get the error that Message+ has to run in tablet mode.  I did not expect this.

So we have 2 tablets, same model, same OS, same app version, same DEX version  using the same external monitor and Message + will run in DEX on an external monitor on one tablet, but not the newer one I purchased.

I'm guessing there must have been a hardware revision with the newer tablet, even though these are the same model?  Clearly Message+ DOES support DEX on an external monitor with the early version Tab S6 and also with my older Tab S4.   Samsung needs to address this because Verizon blocks the "call and text" functions built in to Samsung tablets, leaving the customer with no solution.

From a customer perspective, please understand that the call and text sharing features that Samsung advertises, are blocked if you use Verizon services on your Samsung phone. Verizon blocks the capability of your phone's camera from recognizing the Samsung supplied link code. The customer should be warned about this.

That makes any type of messaging while using DEX on external devices impossible on newer Samsung tablets.   This needs to be fixed.   Since Message+ works on one Tab S6 with an external monitor in DEX, how difficult could it be to fix this issue so it will run on my other TabS6?

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note10

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!