Original topic:

screen rotation

(Topic created: 10-29-2020 05:33 PM)
user5EvQDp4W5G
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
How can I turn on auto rotation so my screen will rotate with my phone?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Look in your quick panel.

• When Auto rotate is enabled there is an icon labeled "Auto rotate".
  • But when Auto rotate is disabled, the same icon is labeled "Portrait" or "Landscape". If you click that icon, it will enable Auto rotate and change the label to "Auto rotate".

Has to be the most confusing labeling of an icon ever. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/auto-rotation-stopped/m-p/1441904#M42626

CBN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I now have a Note 20, but try searching for "Auto Rotate" and you should see the settings for it.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@CBN wrote:
I now have a Note 20, but try searching for "Auto Rotate" and you should see the settings for it.

Sorry but on the latest versions of the OS that search does not find the information. 

0 Likes
CBN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Well it does in mine (Note 20 Ultra)...I am supposed to be on the latest unless you are one of the lucky ones running UI 3.0!
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@CBN wrote:
Well it does in mine (Note 20 Ultra)...I am supposed to be on the latest unless you are one of the lucky ones running UI 3.0!

I think I know why our responses differ. 

If you search in phone settings (which is what I am doing): Searching for "auto rotate" returns nothing. 

If you search on the app screen (which is probably what you are doing) AND Auto rotate is already enabled, you will indeed see the auto roate settings. If you turn Auto rotate off, you will not find the settings in search. 

0 Likes