JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

1x1 Outlook widgets will not enable on home screen [4th post with screen grabs]

(Topic created: 09-09-2022 08:10 AM)
PollyP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I use the small 1x1 Outlook envelope and calendar widgets on my phone S10 plus.

Now they will not enable they just disappear when I position or drag them.

They main OUTLOOK app icon is fine and works okay. I used the 1x1 widgets for other calendars or accounts.Screenshot_20220827-143945_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20220827-144013_One UI Home.jpg

9 Replies
PollyP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good day .

The error/issue/problem is with Outlook Widgets on my SAMSUNG S10 PLUS Android Mobile Phone. Running ANDROID 12 fully updated and the APP is fully updated and the phone scanned.

If you can help with that brilliant.

I have the OUTLOOK App which is fine and I cleared out the data and cache. Deleted it then re enabled it but the smaller widgets still will not enable they just delete themselves the moment you drop them on the home screen.

I have also as part of this signed out and back in to my account and tried a reset too.

The widgets for the Calendar and Email pages work fine. It is the Envelope and the Calendar 1x1 that will not enable.

They were  bit troublesome before needing a reboot. It may be a SAMSUNG issue

So far I have carried out all the trouble shooting relevant to MY MOBILE PHONE and done several soft boots.

Screen grabs posted above:-

Shows home screen.

Outlook with available widgets. The 3x3 and 3x4 work fine as do ALL the other widgets, as I checked.

Widgets 1x1

Gore-
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here : New Galaxy S22 with first boot today
Impossible to attach the 1x1 Widget on home screen. 

PollyP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks Gore that is really helpful knowing that at least I am not the only one so there is some kind of an issue.

I hope a team member finds this one day and can sort it out.

Best wishes Andrew

PollyP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can anyone, MOD or SAMUNG expert help with this please?

Cheers Andrew

0 Likes
Gore-
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

HI,

Answer from MS Outlook Android App : 

Hello xxxx!

Welcome to the Technical Support Team of the "Outlook Mobile" Application. I am Jihen.
Please accept our apologies. This issue has been reported and we are aware and are now analyzing it.
Unfortunately, I don't have information on when a solution will be deployed. Thank you for your trust and understanding.  
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

PollyP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you

Cheers Andy

ADNuitW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here om my Samsung S20FE with ONE UI 4.1, Android 12 Kernel 4.19.113-24784831. Outlook 1x1 widgets will not pin.

PollyP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the update. Sorry.

Glad it is not just me!!

Solution
PollyP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just checked and all is back to normal. They disappeared agin for a day then renewed themselves Bizzare

SO all sorted and i have NOT done anything other than keep checking back