JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Alarm and timer notification sounds

(Topic created: 02-20-2021 04:51 AM)
userOZ6PNo5ULT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

On my old galaxy S8 my alarm that woke me in the morning and my timer had different notification sounds.

I can't believe my new S20 would take away that feature but it seems that changing one changes both.

How do I have separate sounds for my alarm and for my timer. 

Cheers

Steve 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello @userOZ6PNo5ULT 

when you set an alarm on your phone you have the option of setting the alarm sound individually for each alarm if you wanted to. if you go into clock, and then click on one of your already set alarms, the option for Alarm Sound is there, if you click on the words Alarm Sound, it will bring up another menu where you can use the Bixby alarm, or spotify, and then the last option is where you would pick a sound from the available ringtones in your phone.

For the timer, in the clock app, you click on the 3 dots on right side next to the +, and that will open the settings, under timer is the Sound option, click on the word Sound and it will give you all the different sounds you can use for your timer sound.

Hope this helps.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello @userOZ6PNo5ULT 

when you set an alarm on your phone you have the option of setting the alarm sound individually for each alarm if you wanted to. if you go into clock, and then click on one of your already set alarms, the option for Alarm Sound is there, if you click on the words Alarm Sound, it will bring up another menu where you can use the Bixby alarm, or spotify, and then the last option is where you would pick a sound from the available ringtones in your phone.

For the timer, in the clock app, you click on the 3 dots on right side next to the +, and that will open the settings, under timer is the Sound option, click on the word Sound and it will give you all the different sounds you can use for your timer sound.

Hope this helps.

userOZ6PNo5ULT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks Mari

I did actually figure it out about hald an hour after posting but thankyou anyway.

Steve