JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blurry Videos when sending via messaging

(Topic created: 12-04-2020 09:29 AM)
usercUcVfVqtQL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Every time I try to text a video the quality is AWFUL. I didn't get one of the best phones on the market to have my videos be blurry when trying to send them on messenger. How do I fix this? Also can only send one video at a time. How can I send multiple CLEAR videos?

63 Replies
Members_ztKQ5kd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is a Samsung app issue, not a carrier issue. How do I know? Try sending through the Facebook Messenger app, it sends fine. I agree, this is very disappointing,especially when we paid so much for a high quality phone. 

GodLord
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It all depends on how close you are from the cell phone tower.

Drive around and find the nearest tower to you, get as close as you can, then text your video as you normally would. I usually go once a week and text all the videos that I have to send throughout the week. I climb right to the top of the cellphone tower so I can get as close as possible and Boom! crystal clear 😉

0 Likes
userCtZIYi2OuS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thats ridiculous. No one should have to do that 

userb4yBsNJupV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Smiley LOL

0 Likes
5_Tink
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had this issue as well and I had to change my Messenger App. I downloaded the app called 'Textra' and it solved my problem after changing the settings in the app itself.

After opening the App, I clicked on the THREE VERTICAL DOTS in the upper right hand corner and chose 'SETTINGS'. I then scrolled down to the Messaging section and clicked where it says 'MMS'. I then scrolled down to the MMS Advanced section and clicked where it says 'CARRIER SEND LIMIT'. I then scrolled down & chose the 'CARRIER HAS NO LIMIT' option.

After I did this I noticed a major improvement in the quality of my videos--sooo much better 🙂!

Solution
userkv9t8nn6Q3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Fixed:  From within the messaging app, select the three dots.  Next, turn on "Send as Chat Message".  Done.  I can't believe that I am the only person to try/mention this.  It almost makes me wonder if different carrier's phones have different settings menus.

My wife and I are both on Sprint and both have the S10e.  But mine is a carrier model whereas my wife's is an unlocked model.  All videos she sends me were perfectly clear, but all that I sent to here were terrible.  I'm embarrased it took me this long to figure out how to fix it.  But now mine look just at good as hers. 

userdbw6K7L7NC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That doesn't show up for me when I click the dots. Nothing else has worked 

NyKnicks4ever
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
been had mine on send as chat messages and it's still blurry, I have the note 10+
0 Likes
userRz7oztEywk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't have that option in the messages app. Have GalaxyS20FE

userhQTkmCF2Xp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For this issue with the Samsung Galaxy S20, and any others

Select the image in your gallery, then select  "link Sharing" then it will make a link to your copy board automatically, then just paste it into the message area to who you are sending it to buy holding your finger on the message area.

0 Likes