JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't set custom text tones anymore

(Topic created: 04-24-2020 07:57 AM)
userXPqjEdfJmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I first got my S10, I was able to set individual alert messages per contact. The process was simple; Find the text thread, tap the three dots, go to notifications, scroll down to 'Custom'.

The custom option is just gone. I have all the phone's default notification sounds, and that's it. There's no option to set a custom text tone for any of my contacts. I've tried editing their contact information, I've looked through my phone's options with every combination of search terms and menus I can think of, nothing.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's incredibly frustrating.

6 Replies
userrEId14Mctn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same issue so I'm following to see if a solution is offered. 

Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@userXPqjEdfJmy

Only a few apps have the option to use sound picker these days.

I'm using the alternative method of using my files to copy audio files I have in internal storage into the notifications folder.

When I open a conversation and open the customization panel I select notification sound. The audio files I copied into the notifications folder are now available in the systems default notification sound list.

If you have a web site that you trust for downloading ringtones and notification tones you can copy or move them from the download folder into the notifications folder.

That's the only workaround I know of and it works fine but it would be nice to have sound picker back in there. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

userXPqjEdfJmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's so bizzare. Why on earth would they remove sound picker from what is probably going to be the biggest use for it? Your workaround works, but man, that's annoying.

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

I agree I think especially these days.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate. 

Take care, be safe, 

CLF 

Shadowrose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here guess I'll have to do the same

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, @Shadowrose

I think it's a decent workaround but I still have hope that a future update will bring a new option that's easy to use from inside the messages app.

Take care, 

Best regards, 

CLF